Postfix Logfile

Schwalbe, Oliver
Hi there,

i have a little problem to change time of logswitch for the postfix-logfile mail in /var/log/.
the logswitch yet is every day at 11:00 am. The switch should take place at midnight.
i can't find any parameter in main.cf or master.cf

Kind regards

Oliver

Re: Postfix Logfile

Barney Desmond
2009/6/26 Schwalbe, Oliver <[hidden email]>:
> i have a little problem to change time of logswitch for the postfix-logfile
> mail in /var/log/.
> the logswitch yet is every day at 11:00 am. The switch should take place at
> midnight.
> i can't find any parameter in main.cf or master.cf

If I'm understanding you correctly, you mean a new file is started
every day at 11am? I'm pretty sure this is a feature of logrotate for
you. logrotate is (often) run via cron. In my case, in
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate - your cron.daily jobs might be fired from
/etc/crontab, have a look there.

Re: Postfix Logfile

Joe-274
Schwalbe, Oliver wrote:
> Hi there,
>

> i have a little problem to change time of logswitch for the
> postfix-logfile mail in /var/log/.
> the logswitch yet is every day at 11:00 am. The switch should take
> place at midnight.
> i can't find any parameter in main.cf or master.cf

This is not a function of postfix, but of the OS - what OS are you
running exactly?

Joe

Re: Postfix Logfile

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Schwalbe, Oliver <[hidden email]>:

> i have a little problem to change time of logswitch for the
> postfix-logfile mail in /var/log/. the logswitch yet is every day at
> 11:00 am. The switch should take place at midnight.  i can't find any
> parameter in main.cf or master.cf

That's because postfix doesn't rotate its log, but some other
software does. Like logrotate. Depending on your OS.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  CharitĂ© - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

Re: Postfix Logfile

Sahil Tandon
Schwalbe, Oliver wrote:
> i have a little problem to change time of logswitch for the
> postfix-logfile mail in /var/log/.
> the logswitch yet is every day at 11:00 am. The switch should take place
> at midnight.
> i can't find any parameter in main.cf or master.cf

If you're running FreeBSD or something similar, look in
/etc/newsyslog.conf for rotation time and frequency.

--
Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>