Postfix Mail Controls

Chaminda Indrajith
Dear ALL,
Please tell me how to implement the following two controls in POSTFIX.

1. Mail Relaying is allowed only for a specific list of e-mail
addresses in the local mail domain.
2. Accept Mails from outside world only to a specific e-mail addresses
in the Local Domain.

Regards
Chaminda Indrajith

Re: Postfix Mail Controls

/dev/rob0
On Thu May 22 2008 07:50:01 Chaminda Indrajith wrote:
> Please tell me how to implement the following two controls in
> POSTFIX.

Generally you will do better here by consulting the documentation
first, asking specific questions about what you did not understand.
DEBUG_README.html has a section with advice about posting here.

> 1. Mail Relaying is allowed only for a specific list of e-mail
> addresses in the local mail domain.

A check_sender_access lookup, and possibly also see the
RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html document. Note the futility of sender
address based controls, because of forgery. Perhaps you need SASL AUTH
and smtpd_sender_login_maps and reject_*sender_login_mismatch
restrictions? With an incomplete problem description, we can only
guess.

> 2. Accept Mails from outside world only to a specific e-mail
> addresses in the Local Domain.

A check_recipient_access lookup, and possibly also see the
RESTRICTION_CLASS_README.html document. There could be other
possibilities depending on address class of the "Local Domain". See
ADDRESS_CLASS_README.html.

Re: Postfix Mail Controls

Chaminda Indrajith:
> Dear ALL,
> Please tell me how to implement the following two controls in POSTFIX.
>
> 1. Mail Relaying is allowed only for a specific list of e-mail
> addresses in the local mail domain.
> 2. Accept Mails from outside world only to a specific e-mail addresses
> in the Local Domain.

I suggest that you start with:
http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/STANDARD_CONFIGURATION_README.html