Postfix RPMs

Rosenbaum, Larry M.

Where can I get up-to-date Postfix installation RPMs?

Thanks, Larry

Larry M. Rosenbaum

Oak Ridge National Laboratory

Re: Postfix RPMs

Nikolaos Milas
On 27/12/2017 4:34 μμ, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:

> Where can I get up-to-date Postfix installation RPMs?

I would suggest you to use GhettoForge repo
(http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Main_Page);

See packages: http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Postfix3

Cheers,
Nick

Re: Postfix RPMs

flowhosts
Per security policy i am not allowed to use sources besides redhats...

I do build postfix from source using the specs file available in fedora
repo.
It is simple, just install rpbmuild grab the tar.gz file and rename
everything in the spec file to match your distro.
Build with rpbmuild -ba postfix.spec

Greets

On 27.12.17 18:21, Nikolaos Milas wrote:

> On 27/12/2017 4:34 μμ, Rosenbaum, Larry M. wrote:
>
>> Where can I get up-to-date Postfix installation RPMs?
>>

> I would suggest you to use GhettoForge repo
> (http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Main_Page);
>
> See packages: http://ghettoforge.org/index.php/Postfix3
>
> Cheers,
> Nick

Re: Postfix RPMs

Peter Ajamian
On 28/12/17 07:54, flowhosts wrote:
> Per security policy i am not allowed to use sources besides redhats...

That's understandable.

> I do build postfix from source using the specs file available in fedora
> repo.
> It is simple, just install rpbmuild grab the tar.gz file and rename
> everything in the spec file to match your distro.
> Build with rpbmuild -ba postfix.spec

That's probably the next best option given a policy like the above,
although I would recommend using mock instead which will give you a
clean build environment and automatically pull in build dependencies.
Mock is available from both the CentOS extras repo and epel.

The sources are also freely available from GhettoForge if you want to
look them over.

Peter

Re: Postfix RPMs

Nikolaos Milas
On 28/12/2017 2:34 πμ, Peter wrote:

> The sources are also freely available from GhettoForge if you want to
> look them over.

I am building my own RPMs too, based on GhettoForge src.rpm packages.

Cheers,
Nick