Postfix as Proxy + LDAP

maxaat@tiscali.it
Hello

It's possible use postfix as smtp proxy using ldap for the
autentication?

Max

Tiscali Family: Adsl+Telefono senza limiti e senza scatto alla risposta. PER TE CON LO SCONTO DEL 25% FINO AL 2010. In più il software parental control Magic Desktop Basic è GRATIS! http://abbonati.tiscali.it/promo/tuttoincluso/

Re: Postfix as Proxy + LDAP

Noel Jones-2
[hidden email] wrote:
> Hello
>
> It's possible use postfix as smtp proxy using ldap for the
> autentication?
>
> Max

No, postfix always operates as store+forward.

What problem are you trying to solve?  Maybe you can get some
suggestions from the good people here.

Noel Jones

Re: Postfix as Proxy + LDAP

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 01:04:55PM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:

> [hidden email] wrote:
> >Hello
> >
> >It's possible use postfix as smtp proxy using ldap for the
> >autentication?
> >
> >Max
>
> No, postfix always operates as store+forward.

Actually, with "smtpd_proxy_filter", Postfix itself can operate as
a non-queueing proxy provided the ESMTP feature-set of the system
it forwards to is compatible with the features advertised in
the Postfix EHLO response.

I am using Postfix as an SSL (TLS) terminating proxy in front of a less
capable MTA...