Postfix+cyrus imap integration with active directory

Postfix+cyrus imap integration with active directory

Bilal

Dear Experts

Currently I am using Postfix+cyrus imap with openldap as authentication backend.

Is it possible to use Active Directory as authentication backend for postfix and cyrus ?

Can I manage users mailboxes in Active directory ?

Bilal Ahmad

Network Administrator

RE: Postfix+cyrus imap integration with active directory

Bilal

Please if someone can respond that Is it possible to use Active Directory as authentication backend for postfix and cyrus ?

Can I manage cyrus mail server users mailboxes from Active directory ?

Bilal Ahmad

Network Administrator

Re: Postfix+cyrus imap integration with active directory

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:
> Please if someone can respond that Is it possible to use Active Directory as
> authentication backend for postfix and cyrus ?

As Cyrus authentication is not part of Postfix, that would be a
question for the Cyrus team.

> Can I manage cyrus mail server users mailboxes from Active directory ?

Questions about Cyrus mail server management are better answered
by the Cyrus mail server team.

All that Postfix needs is an LDAP query to determine that a recipient
address is valid. The details depend on how Postfix hands off mail
to the Cyrus mail server (whether it uses virtual_alias_maps,
relay_recipient_maps, or some other approach).

        Wietse