Postfix errors

Hungry Snail
Hi Guys,

Recently (about 3 weeks ago) my postfix setup started emailing and logging errors.

Sep 20 15:01:46 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[30087]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Sep 20 15:02:00 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 15:02:02 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 15:02:02 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(email@mydomain.tld,12.34.567.890): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 15:02:06 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(root@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 15:02:06 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 15:02:09 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(root@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 15:02:09 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 15:02:09 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(root@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 15:02:10 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(root@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 16:00:59 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 16:00:59 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(root@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 16:01:48 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[8318]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_domains_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Sep 20 16:01:53 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 75 seconds before retry
Sep 20 16:01:54 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): sql(nroot@mydomain.tld): Password query failed: Not connected to database
Sep 20 16:01:54 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 17:01:53 mail dovecot: auth-worker(default): mysql: Connect failed to localhost (mail): Too many connections - waiting for 1 seconds before retry
Sep 20 18:02:06 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[30057]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Sep 20 18:02:08 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[30059]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Sep 20 18:02:24 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[23165]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem
Sep 20 18:02:30 mail postfix/trivial-rewrite[30146]: fatal: proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql_virtual_alias_maps.cf(0,lock|fold_fix): table lookup problem

nothing has changed and it has worked well for the last 8 months, my max connections for mysql is 800 so I dont see how it can have too many connections.

Anyone have any ideas what is going on, from what i can see email is still being sent and delivered (well I havent had any incoming or outgoing emaills go missing)

Cheers

Adam

Re: Postfix errors

Sahil Tandon
Hungry Snail <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> Recently (about 3 weeks ago) my postfix setup started emailing and logging
> errors.
>
> nothing has changed and it has worked well for the last 8 months, my max
> connections for mysql is 800 so I dont see how it can have too many
> connections.

Clearly, *something* has changed.

Before posting here, read http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail.

Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>

Re: Postfix errors

Hungry Snail
Sahil Tandon wrote
> Hi Guys,
>
> Recently (about 3 weeks ago) my postfix setup started emailing and logging
> errors.
>
> nothing has changed and it has worked well for the last 8 months, my max
> connections for mysql is 800 so I dont see how it can have too many
> connections.

Clearly, *something* has changed.

Sahil Tandon <sahil@tandon.net>
Well it may seem like *something* has changed, but I can assure you nothing in the settings has been changed because only *I* have access to the server.

Re: Postfix errors

Barney Desmond