Postfix hooking Dovecot quota (correct syntax)

Postfix hooking Dovecot quota (correct syntax)

danjjde
Hi Friends,
on Debian Stretch, Postfix 3.1.9 and Dovecot 2.2.27 I'm enabling user
quota.
Following this tutorial (suggested from Dovecot mailing list):
https://blog.sys4.de/postfix-dovecot-mailbox-quota-en.html
it is suggested to add in "main.cf"

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
     check_policy_service inet:mailstore.example.com:12340

I've a doubt: is it correct the space between "[..]service"
and "inet[..]"?

I've run:

postconf smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service
inet:mailstore.example.com:12340

obtaining the error:

postconf: fatal: missing '=' after attribute name:
"inet:mailstore.example.com:12340"

Please, could you confirm the right syntax?

Many thanks!

Re: Postfix hooking Dovecot quota (correct syntax)

Ralph Seichter-2
* Davide Marchi:

> it is suggested to add in "main.cf"
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
>   check_policy_service inet:mailstore.example.com:12340

Add this using a text editor, keeping leading whitespaces for line
continuation, instead of using postconf in a shell.

See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html for an explanation of the
main.cf format.

-Ralph

Re: Postfix hooking Dovecot quota (correct syntax)

> On Mar 23, 2019, at 3:59 AM, Davide Marchi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> tpd_recipient_restrictions =
>    check_policy_service inet:mailstore.example.com:12340
>

> I've a doubt: is it correct the space between "[..]service"
> and "inet[..]"?

Yes, that's what should appear in the file.

> I've run:
>
> postconf smtpd_recipient_restrictions=check_policy_service inet:mailstore.example.com:12340

This is not the right way to make the recommended change.

Edit the file with an editor and add:

        check_policy_service inet:mailstore.example.com:12340

at the appropriate point in the recipient restrictions (depending
on what's already there).