Postfix ldap group mailing list

Ken Meyers
Hi all,
I'm new to the list and have an issue I inherited from a previous employee.  I have the default Postfix version installed with Suse 10.3.  I have an LDAP database for all users and groups and I can send mail to all users and groups correctly. I have an issue when I try to send to a group with the same name as a goup on our system.    If I send to [hidden email] it will deliver to [hidden email].  I'm not sure where the problem is.  This is my main.cf file.  If I need to send more let me know and Thanks for the assistance.

readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/packages/postfix/README_FILES
inet_protocols = all
biff = no
mail_spool_directory = /var/mail
canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/canonical
relocated_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/relocated
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
masquerade_exceptions = root
masquerade_classes = envelope_sender, header_sender, header_recipient
myhostname = mail1.ssacres.com
mydomain = ssacres.com
program_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
inet_interfaces = 127.0.0.1, 172.20.30.15
masquerade_domain =
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, mail3.$mydomain, phcorp.ssacres.com, cssmail.ssacres.com
defer_transports =
mynetworks_style = subnet
disable_dns_lookups = yes
relayhost = [address of Barracuda]
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
mailbox_transport =
strict_8bitmime = no
disable_mime_output_conversion = no
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain, permit_mynetworks
smtpd_client_restrictions =
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks, reject_unauth_destination
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = no
smtpd_use_tls = no
smtp_use_tls = no

#------------------------------Postfix LDAP integration------------------
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases ldap:ldapaliastag
local_transport = local
local_recipient_maps = $alias_maps ldap:ldapuserstag unix:passwd.byname

ldapaliastag_server_host = localhost
ldapaliastag_search_base = ou=Groups,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
ldapaliastag_query_filter = (mail=%s)
ldapaliastag_result_attribute = cn
ldapaliastag_timeout = 30
ldapaliastag_bind = no

ldapuserstag_server_host = localhost
ldapuserstag_search_base = ou=People,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
ldapuserstag_query_filter = (uid=%s)
ldapuserstag_result_attribute = uid
ldapuserstag_timeout = 30
ldapuserstag_bind = no

virtual_transport = virtual
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/spool/mail
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual ldap:ldapvalias
virtual_mailbox_maps = ldap:ldapvirtual
virtual_mailbox_domains = mydomain.com, anotherdomain.com, thirddomain.com, fourthdomain.com, fifthdomain.com
virtual_mailbox_limit = 400000000
virtual_minimum_uid = 500
virtual_uid_maps = ldap:ldapuidtag
virtual_gid_maps = static:100

ldapvirtual_server_host = localhost
ldapvirtual_search_base = ou=People,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
ldapvirtual_query_filter = (mail=%s)
ldapvirtual_result_attribute = uid
ldapvirtual_timeout = 30
ldapvirtual_bind = no

ldapvalias_server_host = localhost
ldapvalias_search_base = ou=People,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
ldapvalias_query_filter = (mailinglistname=%u)
ldapvalias_result_attribute = uid
ldapvalias_timeout = 30
ldapvalias_bind = no

ldapuidtag_server_host = localhost
ldapuidtag_search_base = ou=People,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
ldapuidtag_query_filter = (mail=%s)
ldapuidtag_result_attribute = uidNumber
ldapuidtag_timeout = 30
ldapuidtag_bind = no

#------------------------------------------------------------------------
mailbox_size_limit = 400000000
message_size_limit = 400000000
mynetworks = 172.20.0.0/16
#------------------------------------------------------------------------

_________________________
This email was transferred using an Office free edition
of AXIGEN Mail Server.

Re: Postfix ldap group mailing list

Victor Duchovni
On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 11:53:59AM -0500, Ken Meyers wrote:

> sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical

Avoid sender_canonical_maps, consider "smtp_generic_maps" instead,
provided your Postfix is recent enough.

> program_directory = /usr/lib/postfix

This has no effect.

> masquerade_domain =

This has no effect.

> disable_dns_lookups = yes

This is not necessary, the relayhost setting is sufficient.

> relayhost = [address of Barracuda]

> ldapvalias_server_host = localhost
> ldapvalias_search_base = ou=People,ou=omcorp,o=ssacres
> ldapvalias_query_filter = (mailinglistname=%u)
> ldapvalias_result_attribute = uid
> ldapvalias_timeout = 30
> ldapvalias_bind = no

This is the problem, your virtual(5) table ignores the recipient
domain. You failed to post the settings that use this table, but it
certainly needs an "ldapvalias_domain = your.domain ..." setting.

    http://www.postfix.org/ldap_table.5.html