Postfix, milters and quarantine actions

J Doe
Hello,

I had some questions regarding milters in general, with the questions initially focused on the OpenDKIM milter (version 2.10.3), on Postfix 3.1.0

In man 5 opendkim.conf, under the CaptureUnknownErrors parameter, it specifies:

    When set, and on systems where MTA quarantine is available, the
    filter will request quarantine of a message that results in an internal
    error or resource exhaustion.

My questions are:

1. Is this supported on Postfix 3.1.0 and later ?

2. If it is supported on Postfix 3.1.0, is this because quarantine functionality is exposed to milters ?
(ie: I know quarantine functionality is not a part of SMTP, so it’s not the milter talking via
SMTP to Postfix)

3. If it is supported, is this available for other milters that request quarantine (ie: OpenDMARC, etc.) ?

Thanks,

- J

Re: Postfix, milters and quarantine actions

Viktor Dukhovni

Look for the word "quarantine" in http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html

Re: Postfix, milters and quarantine actions

J Doe
Hi Viktor,

>> On Apr 20, 2018, at 5:40 PM, J Doe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I had some questions regarding milters in general, with the questions initially focused on the OpenDKIM milter (version 2.10.3), on Postfix 3.1.0
>
> Look for the word "quarantine" in http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html
>
> --
> Viktor.

Ah, I see.  As my setup in this case is not complex, it would not require configurations per milter [1], so my configuration would be:

    /etc/postfix/main.cf
        milter_default_action = quarantine

    /etc/opendkim/opendkim.conf
        CaptureUnknownErrors true