Postfix multiple recipients

Blaise Hurtlin
Hi,

I'm configuring a new mail server using Postfix + ldap. The LDAP schema
contains two attributes for mails: mail= + maildrop=.
Everything is working well when i send a mail to a user.
In the documentation i can see that several users may have the same
email address. Example:

User 1:
maildrop:user1
mail:user1
mail:common

User 2:
maildrop:user2
mail:user2
mail:common

If I try postmap -q common ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-users.cf i get:
user1/Maildir,user2/Maildir

This should be OK. But when delivering a mail, it's stored in
/home/vmail/user1/Maildir/,user/Maildir instead of being sent to both
users.
Any idea of what i've done wrong ?

Thanks a lot !

Re: Postfix multiple recipients

Victor Duchovni
On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:35:31AM +0200, Blaise wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm configuring a new mail server using Postfix + ldap. The LDAP schema
> contains two attributes for mails: mail= + maildrop=.
> Everything is working well when i send a mail to a user.
> In the documentation i can see that several users may have the same
> email address. Example:
>
> User 1:
> maildrop:user1
> mail:user1
> mail:common
>
> User 2:
> maildrop:user2
> mail:user2
> mail:common
>
> If I try postmap -q common ldap:/etc/postfix/ldap-users.cf i get:
> user1/Maildir,user2/Maildir
>
> This should be OK. But when delivering a mail, it's stored in
> /home/vmail/user1/Maildir/,user/Maildir instead of being sent to both
> users.
> Any idea of what i've done wrong ?

Don't confuse virtual_mailbox_maps, which locates a user's mailbox in
the file-system and must be 1-to-1 with virtual_alias_maps which maps
recipient addresses to recipient addresses and can be one to many.

Feel free to rewrite input mail addresses to multiple recipient addresses
in virtual(5) or aliases(5). Once that's done, the resulting addresses
must reach resolve to EXACTLY ONE mailbox.

Re: Postfix multiple recipients

Blaise Hurtlin
hmm, oki ! Tnx a lot, it works well now !