Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
33 messages Options
12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
Hello all,

How can I relay mail via riseup.net?

You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login.

Error message:

Mar 22 16:28:37 vps44713 postfix/smtp[32545]: 897343E0318:
to=<[hidden email]>, relay=mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.55]:587,
delay=1.3, delays=0.01/0/1.1/0.17, dsn=5.7.1, status=bounced (host
mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.55] said: 554 5.7.1
<173.ip-176-xx-xxx.eu[176.xx.189.xxx]>: Client host rejected: Access
denied (in reply to RCPT TO command))


ehlo via telnet to the external mail host (riseup.net):

250-fruiteater.riseup.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 25600000
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN


P.S I have censored parts of the IP for privacy reasons.


Br,
Anonymous12
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net


Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login

then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways

http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net


Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>
>>
>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>
>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>
>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>
> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I do that?

by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)

http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html

there are anchors on top
http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email] kirjoitti:

>
>
> Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
>> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>>
>>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>>
>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>
>> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I do that?
>
> by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
>
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>
> there are anchors on top
> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
>

Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available

That's the error what I'm getting now.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net


Am 22.03.2014 17:45, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>> Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>>
>>>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>>>
>>>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>>>
>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>
>>> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I do that?
>>
>> by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
>>
>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>
>> there are anchors on top
>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
>>
>
> Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
> authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
> mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available
>
> That's the error what I'm getting now

so what - you do not provide any configuration details
did you read http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

frankly that questions are answered thousand times and 5 minutes
of google brings all the previous discussions and manuals

however, you *always* need to provide details if you seek for help

* output of "postconf -n"
* what operating system
* what packages do you have installed

on Redhat systems you need at least the 3 packages below for working
authentication and you should at the same time avoid "cyrus-sasl-lmtp"
because that breaks authentication to MS exchange destinations

cyrus-sasl-md5
cyrus-sasl-plain
cyrus-sasl

http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Drizzt
In reply to this post by Anonymous12
> 22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
> >
> >
> > Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
> >> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
> >>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
> >>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
> >>>
> >>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
> >>>
> >>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
> >>
> >> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I do that?
> >
> > by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
> >
> > http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
> >
> > there are anchors on top
> > http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
> >
>
> Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
> authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
> mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available
>
> That's the error what I'm getting now.

You need to configure your credentials as well, including
mechanisms to use or not use.


http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
In reply to this post by lists@rhsoft.net
22.3.2014 18:57, Drizzt kirjoitti:>> 22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email]
kirjoitti:

>>>
>>>
>>> Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>>>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>>>>
>>>>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>>
>>>> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I
do that?

>>>
>>> by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
>>>
>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>
>>> there are anchors on top
>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
>>>
>>
>> Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
>> authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
>> mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available
>>
>> That's the error what I'm getting now.
>
> You need to configure your credentials as well, including
> mechanisms to use or not use.
>
>
> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl
>

I know that much, but I don't know which ones the destination server
allows/accepts.

root@vps44713:~# postconf -n
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
append_dot_mydomain = no
biff = no
broken_sasl_auth_clients = yes
config_directory = /etc/postfix
header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
home_mailbox = Maildir/
mailbox_command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -c
/etc/dovecot/conf.d/01-mail-stack-delivery.conf -m "${EXTENSION}"
mailbox_size_limit = 0
mime_header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
mydestination = mail.legendnation-mc.tk, localhost
myhostname = mail.legendnation-mc.tk
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128
myorigin = /etc/mailname
readme_directory = no
recipient_delimiter = +
relayhost = [mail.riseup.net]:587
smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtp_tls_policy_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/tls_policy
smtp_tls_security_level = may
smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache
smtp_use_tls = yes
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain,
reject_unknown_recipient_domain, reject_unauth_pipelining,
permit_mynetworks, permit_sasl_authenticated, reject_unauth_destination
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtpd_sasl_authenticated_header = yes
smtpd_sasl_local_domain = $myhostname
smtpd_sasl_path = private/dovecot-auth
smtpd_sasl_security_options = noanonymous
smtpd_sasl_type = dovecot
smtpd_sender_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain
smtpd_tls_auth_only = yes
smtpd_tls_cert_file = /etc/ssl/certs/ssl-mail.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file = /etc/ssl/private/ssl-mail.key
smtpd_tls_mandatory_ciphers = medium
smtpd_tls_mandatory_protocols = SSLv3, TLSv1
smtpd_tls_received_header = yes
smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
smtpd_use_tls = yes
tls_random_source = dev:/dev/urandom

OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

I'll not show what packages I have installed as I see no reason to.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net


Am 22.03.2014 18:01, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 18:57, Drizzt kirjoitti:>> 22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email]
> kirjoitti:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>>>>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>>>>>
>>>>>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>>>>>
>>>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>>>
>>>>> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I
> do that?
>>>>
>>>> by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
>>>>
>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>>
>>>> there are anchors on top
>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
>>>>
>>>
>>> Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
>>> authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
>>> mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available
>>>
>>> That's the error what I'm getting now.
>>
>> You need to configure your credentials as well, including
>> mechanisms to use or not use.
>>
>> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl
>
> I know that much, but I don't know which ones the destination server
> allows/accepts.

you do not need to know, the postfix clients knows because the server
tells the client the supported mechs, you need only have at least
one of them supported on your side and as said avoid NTLM because
it is broken to a lot of severs but preferred if it is available

look at the last line

[harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ telnet localhost 25
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net ESMTP
EHLO harry
250-srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE 36700160
250-STARTTLS
250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN SCRAM-SHA-1

show your "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" with passwords replaced and the rest untouched

> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> I'll not show what packages I have installed as I see no reason to

well then help yourself, nobody asked for all installed packages
only the relevant sasl ones

if i type "yum remove cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain" i get also
"no mechanism available" for very clear reasons, thats all
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 19:16, [hidden email] kirjoitti:

>
>
> Am 22.03.2014 18:01, schrieb Anonymous12:
>> 22.3.2014 18:57, Drizzt kirjoitti:>> 22.3.2014 18:17, [hidden email]
>> kirjoitti:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Am 22.03.2014 17:04, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>>> 22.3.2014 18:02, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Am 22.03.2014 16:59, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>>>>> How can I relay mail via riseup.net?
>>>>>>>> You need to be using starttls before it allows you to login
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> then just enable TLS, these days that should be done anyways
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>>>>
>>>>>> No, I need to enable TLS for connecting to riseup.net so how can I
>> do that?
>>>>>
>>>>> by just RTFM i linked (and don't reply off-list)
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html
>>>>>
>>>>> there are anchors on top
>>>>> http://www.postfix.org/TLS_README.html#client_tls
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mar 22 17:45:08 vps44713 postfix/smtp[2593]: 917133E0314: SASL
>>>> authentication failed; cannot authenticate to server
>>>> mail.riseup.net[198.252.153.56]: no mechanism available
>>>>
>>>> That's the error what I'm getting now.
>>>
>>> You need to configure your credentials as well, including
>>> mechanisms to use or not use.
>>>
>>> http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html#client_sasl
>>
>> I know that much, but I don't know which ones the destination server
>> allows/accepts.
>
> you do not need to know, the postfix clients knows because the server
> tells the client the supported mechs, you need only have at least
> one of them supported on your side and as said avoid NTLM because
> it is broken to a lot of severs but preferred if it is available
>
> look at the last line
>
> [harry@srv-rhsoft:~]$ telnet localhost 25
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net ESMTP
> EHLO harry
> 250-srv-rhsoft.rhsoft.net
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 36700160
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250-AUTH CRAM-MD5 DIGEST-MD5 LOGIN PLAIN SCRAM-SHA-1
>
> show your "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" with passwords replaced and the rest untouched
>
>> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
>> I'll not show what packages I have installed as I see no reason to
>
> well then help yourself, nobody asked for all installed packages
> only the relevant sasl ones
>
> if i type "yum remove cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain" i get also
> "no mechanism available" for very clear reasons, thats all
>

root@vps44713:~# apt-get install cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-md5
E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-plain

OS is debian based.

250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN

What package do I need installed?



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

John Peach
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:45:08 +0200
Anonymous12 <[hidden email]> wrote:

[snip]

> > show your "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" with passwords replaced and the rest untouched
> >
> >> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
> >> I'll not show what packages I have installed as I see no reason to
> >
> > well then help yourself, nobody asked for all installed packages
> > only the relevant sasl ones
> >
> > if i type "yum remove cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain" i get also
> > "no mechanism available" for very clear reasons, thats all
> >
>
> root@vps44713:~# apt-get install cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-md5
> E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-plain
>
> OS is debian based.
>
> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN
> 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
>
> What package do I need installed?
>
>
>
Oh dear, are you sure you should be managing a linux system, let alone
a mailserver?

apt-cache search sasl

suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.


--
John
PGP Public Key: 412934AC

signature.asc (501 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 19:55, John Peach kirjoitti:

> On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:45:08 +0200 Anonymous12
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>> show your "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" with passwords replaced
>>> and the rest untouched
>>>
>>>> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I'll not show what packages I have
>>>> installed as I see no reason to
>>>
>>> well then help yourself, nobody asked for all installed
>>> packages only the relevant sasl ones
>>>
>>> if i type "yum remove cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain" i get
>>> also "no mechanism available" for very clear reasons, thats
>>> all
>>>
>>
>> root@vps44713:~# apt-get install cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain
>> Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading
>> state information... Done E: Unable to locate package
>> cyrus-sasl-md5 E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-plain
>>
>> OS is debian based.
>>
>> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
>>
>> What package do I need installed?
>>
>>
>>
> Oh dear, are you sure you should be managing a linux system, let
> alone a mailserver?
>
> apt-cache search sasl
>
> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>
>

I'm sure. I'm just not really familler with Postfix regarding this
mattter.

apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Viktor Dukhovni
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:

> > apt-cache search sasl
> >
> > suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.

There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
plugins.

> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."

Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
and you're there.

--
        Viktor.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:

> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>
>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>
>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>
> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
> plugins.
>
>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>
> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
> and you're there.
>

I cannot locate what package I need... :(
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Viktor Dukhovni
On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 08:41:05PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:

> > Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
> > and you're there.
> >
>
> I cannot locate what package I need... :(

On Debian-like systems all the module drivers are in packages
whose names start with "libsas2-modules".  Install at least

        libsasl2-modules

(the base modules).  You might find postfinger useful:

    http://postfix.nunix.eu/postfinger/postfinger-1.25

it reports SASL configuration, ...

--
        Viktor.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net
In reply to this post by Anonymous12
Am 22.03.2014 19:41, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:
>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>>
>>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>>
>>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>
>> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
>> plugins.
>>
>>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>>
>> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
>> and you're there.
>>
>
> I cannot locate what package I need... :(

you are too lazy to seriously maintain a mailserver

https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+sasl+md5
http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/libsasl2-modules

package: libsasl2-modules
This package provides the following SASL modules: LOGIN,
PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, NTLM, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5 (with DES support).


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 20:48, [hidden email] kirjoitti:

> Am 22.03.2014 19:41, schrieb Anonymous12:
>> 22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:
>>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>>>
>>>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>>>
>>>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>>
>>> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
>>> plugins.
>>>
>>>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>>>
>>> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
>>> and you're there.
>>>
>>
>> I cannot locate what package I need... :(
>
> you are too lazy to seriously maintain a mailserver
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+sasl+md5
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/libsasl2-modules
>
> package: libsasl2-modules
> This package provides the following SASL modules: LOGIN,
> PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, NTLM, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5 (with DES support).
>
>

This is list of packages installed (Which might be useful to know):

root@vps44713:~# cat list.txt
libmail-sendmail-perl                           install
libmail-spf-perl                                install
libmailtools-perl                               install
mail-stack-delivery                             install
postfix                                         install
dovecot-imapd                        install
dovecot-managesieved                            install
dovecot-pop3d                                   install
dovecot-sieve                                   install
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net


Am 22.03.2014 19:57, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 20:48, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>> Am 22.03.2014 19:41, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>> 22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:
>>>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>>>>
>>>>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>>>
>>>> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
>>>> plugins.
>>>>
>>>>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>>>>
>>>> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
>>>> and you're there.
>>>>
>>>
>>> I cannot locate what package I need... :(
>>
>> you are too lazy to seriously maintain a mailserver
>>
>> https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+sasl+md5
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/libsasl2-modules
>>
>> package: libsasl2-modules
>> This package provides the following SASL modules: LOGIN,
>> PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, NTLM, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5 (with DES support)

ok, you are even too lazy to read what others googled for you
just install libsasl2-modules

> This is list of packages installed (Which might be useful to know):
>
> root@vps44713:~# cat list.txt
> libmail-sendmail-perl                           install
> libmail-spf-perl                                install
> libmailtools-perl                               install
> mail-stack-delivery                             install
> postfix                                         install
> dovecot-imapd                          install
> dovecot-managesieved                            install
> dovecot-pop3d                                   install
> dovecot-sieve                                   install

a obscure list with no relevance to SASL and even missing
the already statet "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version"

please re-consider if you really have the basic knowledge
to maintain a MTA - this is a job with *high* responsibility
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Anonymous12
22.3.2014 21:04, [hidden email] kirjoitti:

>
>
> Am 22.03.2014 19:57, schrieb Anonymous12:
>> 22.3.2014 20:48, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>> Am 22.03.2014 19:41, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>> 22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:
>>>>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>>>>
>>>>> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
>>>>> plugins.
>>>>>
>>>>>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>>>>>
>>>>> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
>>>>> and you're there.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I cannot locate what package I need... :(
>>>
>>> you are too lazy to seriously maintain a mailserver
>>>
>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+sasl+md5
>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/libsasl2-modules
>>>
>>> package: libsasl2-modules
>>> This package provides the following SASL modules: LOGIN,
>>> PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, NTLM, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5 (with DES support)
>
> ok, you are even too lazy to read what others googled for you
> just install libsasl2-modules
>
>> This is list of packages installed (Which might be useful to know):
>>
>> root@vps44713:~# cat list.txt
>> libmail-sendmail-perl                           install
>> libmail-spf-perl                                install
>> libmailtools-perl                               install
>> mail-stack-delivery                             install
>> postfix                                         install
>> dovecot-imapd                          install
>> dovecot-managesieved                            install
>> dovecot-pop3d                                   install
>> dovecot-sieve                                   install
>
> a obscure list with no relevance to SASL and even missing
> the already statet "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version"
>
> please re-consider if you really have the basic knowledge
> to maintain a MTA - this is a job with *high* responsibility
>

Allright then. Pastebin => http://pastebin.com/924Pyrru
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

Bill Cole-3
In reply to this post by Anonymous12
On 22 Mar 2014, at 13:58, Anonymous12 wrote:

> 22.3.2014 19:55, John Peach kirjoitti:
>> On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 19:45:08 +0200 Anonymous12
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>>> show your "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd" with passwords replaced
>>>> and the rest untouched
>>>>
>>>>> OS: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS I'll not show what packages I have
>>>>> installed as I see no reason to
>>>>
>>>> well then help yourself, nobody asked for all installed
>>>> packages only the relevant sasl ones
>>>>
>>>> if i type "yum remove cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain" i get
>>>> also "no mechanism available" for very clear reasons, thats
>>>> all
>>>>
>>>
>>> root@vps44713:~# apt-get install cyrus-sasl-md5 cyrus-sasl-plain
>>> Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading
>>> state information... Done E: Unable to locate package
>>> cyrus-sasl-md5 E: Unable to locate package cyrus-sasl-plain
>>>
>>> OS is debian based.
>>>
>>> 250-AUTH LOGIN PLAIN 250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN
>>>
>>> What package do I need installed?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>> Oh dear, are you sure you should be managing a linux system, let
>> alone a mailserver?
>>
>> apt-cache search sasl
>>
>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>
>>
>
> I'm sure. I'm just not really familler with Postfix regarding this
> mattter.

You should re-evaluate whatever basis you have for that certainty.

A critical prerequisite for being able to responsibly and usefully
manage a mail server is solid competence in the administration of the OS
it runs on. Such a competency includes reading documentation,
understanding how to use the informational features of any package
manager one uses, and in general a facility with discovering information
about the system which are not intuitive (such as the details of the
model used by Debian for splitting up the Cyrus SASL software into
discrete packages.) If you haven't developed the habits and
troubleshooting skills of a sysadmin, being responsible for a mail
server is going to be a painful experience.

I don't manage any Debian-based Postfix serves so I don't have any ready
final answers for you, but one thing I know from years on this list is
that Debian's Postfix package is highly customized and idiosyncratic, to
a degree that seems to exasperate Dr. Venema when he tries to assist
people here using it. It is also clear that your problem is a
well-documented one relating to the installation of a collection of
optional software dependencies which probably are available as Debian
packages. It seems to me that your problem is not with Postfix, but with
the Debian/Ubuntu package collection. I suspect that there is some
better mailing list than this one for Debian and/or Ubuntu sysadmins,
and you may be able get better help from such a list.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Postfix + relayhost via riseup.net => Problems?

lists@rhsoft.net
In reply to this post by Anonymous12


Am 22.03.2014 20:08, schrieb Anonymous12:

> 22.3.2014 21:04, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>
>>
>> Am 22.03.2014 19:57, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>> 22.3.2014 20:48, [hidden email] kirjoitti:
>>>> Am 22.03.2014 19:41, schrieb Anonymous12:
>>>>> 22.3.2014 20:02, Viktor Dukhovni kirjoitti:
>>>>>> On Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 07:58:15PM +0200, Anonymous12 wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> apt-cache search sasl
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> suggests that libsasl2-2 may be what you need.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> There are additional mechanism-specific packages with various SASL
>>>>>> plugins.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> apt-get install libsas12-2 => "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version."
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Yes, but did you look for related packages?  A bit of initiative,
>>>>>> and you're there.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I cannot locate what package I need... :(
>>>>
>>>> you are too lazy to seriously maintain a mailserver
>>>>
>>>> https://www.google.com/search?q=ubuntu+sasl+md5
>>>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/de/lucid/libsasl2-modules
>>>>
>>>> package: libsasl2-modules
>>>> This package provides the following SASL modules: LOGIN,
>>>> PLAIN, ANONYMOUS, NTLM, CRAM-MD5, and DIGEST-MD5 (with DES support)
>>
>> ok, you are even too lazy to read what others googled for you
>> just install libsasl2-modules
>>
>>> This is list of packages installed (Which might be useful to know):
>>>
>>> root@vps44713:~# cat list.txt
>>> libmail-sendmail-perl                           install
>>> libmail-spf-perl                                install
>>> libmailtools-perl                               install
>>> mail-stack-delivery                             install
>>> postfix                                         install
>>> dovecot-imapd                          install
>>> dovecot-managesieved                            install
>>> dovecot-pop3d                                   install
>>> dovecot-sieve                                   install
>>
>> a obscure list with no relevance to SASL and even missing
>> the already statet "libsasl2-2 is already the newest version"
>>
>> please re-consider if you really have the basic knowledge
>> to maintain a MTA - this is a job with *high* responsibility
>
> Allright then. Pastebin => http://pastebin.com/924Pyrru

no need for that - grep exists
"command | grep -i sasl" is what i expect from a sysadmin

*when* have you installed "libsasl2-modules"?
*did you* restart postfix after that, if not why?
did you retry?
what is the content of "/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd"?
what is the current output of "telnet localhost 25" followed be EHLO?
12