Postfix response to greylisting

Daniel L. Miller
This is probably a silly question - but does Postfix intelligently
interpret greylist remote responses?  In other words, if a remote server
says "greylisted for 300 seconds" will Postfix automatically re-try in
300 seconds?  Or is it treated the same as any other rejection and the
standard re-try timers apply?
Daniel

Re: Postfix response to greylisting

Leonardo Rodrigues Magalhães

    there's no intelligency involved. In fact i think postfix completly
ignores everything which cames after the code error, which probably is
450, in case of greylisting. The text is just used for logging and for
bouncing, in case of fatal errors, 5xx.

    postfix will retry according to it's queue run configurations.

Daniel L. Miller escreveu:
> This is probably a silly question - but does Postfix intelligently
> interpret greylist remote responses?  In other words, if a remote
> server says "greylisted for 300 seconds" will Postfix automatically
> re-try in 300 seconds?  Or is it treated the same as any other
> rejection and the standard re-try timers apply?

--

        Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
        Leonardo Rodrigues

        My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

Re: Postfix response to greylisting

Victor Duchovni
On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 12:30:06PM -0700, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

> This is probably a silly question - but does Postfix intelligently
> interpret greylist remote responses?  In other words, if a remote server
> says "greylisted for 300 seconds" will Postfix automatically re-try in
> 300 seconds?  Or is it treated the same as any other rejection and the
> standard re-try timers apply?

Postfix does not speak English, and does not defer queue management
decisions to remotely administered receiving systems. The usual retry
timers apply.