Postfix rewrite envelope sender address?

Postfix rewrite envelope sender address?

garyo
I know this is not Postfix's job, the MUA should do it, but because of
various weird restrictions, I *need* postfix to do it.  I need the
envelope sender to match the From: header sender, otherwise my mail
server (not under my control) will reject it.  Postfix is my last hope.

Is there any way, hackish or not, for me to rewrite the envelope sender
to match the From: header?  I have formail so I could use that in a
pipe, I suppose... but where do I hook it in?

thanks;

--
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Gary Oberbrunner                [hidden email]
955 Mass. Ave                   Fax: 617-492-2852
Cambridge, MA 02139 USA         www.genarts.com

Re: Postfix rewrite envelope sender address?

Victor Duchovni
On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 05:37:13PM -0400, Gary Oberbrunner wrote:

> I know this is not Postfix's job, the MUA should do it, but because of
> various weird restrictions, I *need* postfix to do it.  I need the
> envelope sender to match the From: header sender, otherwise my mail
> server (not under my control) will reject it.  Postfix is my last hope.
>
> Is there any way, hackish or not, for me to rewrite the envelope sender
> to match the From: header?  I have formail so I could use that in a
> pipe, I suppose... but where do I hook it in?

Nothing built-in, but a content filter can do this, just buffer the
message and send downstream after determining the correct envelope sender.