Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Andrew Hodgson
Hi,

I currently use a Mailman and Exim4 setup on Debian with Exim running
the DKIM signing for outgoing mails.  I have VERP set on in some
lists, and on the lists doing VERP I am getting a very slow delivery
time (around 10 minutes for 800 subscribers).  If I don't use VERP the
delivery time increases.

On the Mailman-users list someone suggested Postfix may be a better
bet for this type of delivery, I have been looking into this over the
past few days and I can get the initial Postfix set up on a test VM,
but want to know the best way of doing DKIM in Postfix?

Any suggestions greatfully received.

Thanks.
Andrew.

Re: Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Scott Kitterman-4
On Friday, June 29, 2012 06:18:03 PM Andrew Hodgson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I currently use a Mailman and Exim4 setup on Debian with Exim running
> the DKIM signing for outgoing mails.  I have VERP set on in some
> lists, and on the lists doing VERP I am getting a very slow delivery
> time (around 10 minutes for 800 subscribers).  If I don't use VERP the
> delivery time increases.
>
> On the Mailman-users list someone suggested Postfix may be a better
> bet for this type of delivery, I have been looking into this over the
> past few days and I can get the initial Postfix set up on a test VM,
> but want to know the best way of doing DKIM in Postfix?
>
> Any suggestions greatfully received.

There's more than one way to do it.  The most common these days seems to be
the opendkim milter.  See opendkim.org for details.  They also have their own
mailing list where you can ask questions about setup if you have them.

Scott K

Re: Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Andrew Beverley
On Fri, 2012-06-29 at 13:26 -0400, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > On the Mailman-users list someone suggested Postfix may be a better
> > bet for this type of delivery, I have been looking into this over the
> > past few days and I can get the initial Postfix set up on a test VM,
> > but want to know the best way of doing DKIM in Postfix?
> >
> > Any suggestions greatfully received.
>
> There's more than one way to do it.  The most common these days seems to be
> the opendkim milter.

+1. I do it that way: it works well with fast delivery.

Andy

Re: Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Benny Pedersen
Den 2012-06-29 22:12, Andrew Beverley skrev:

> +1. I do it that way: it works well with fast delivery.

one could hack mailman to use some python code to sign mails, it
already can remove senders dkim key if wanted, and python have the
needed dkim module, suggest to mailman maintainers :=)

the most simple signer i have found is amavisd-signer part of amavisd
recent tarballs

Re: Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Scott Kitterman <[hidden email]>:

> There's more than one way to do it.  The most common these days seems to be
> the opendkim milter.  See opendkim.org for details.  They also have their own
> mailing list where you can ask questions about setup if you have them.

On mail.python.org we're using the dkim-filter package (Debian) --
which seems to have been obsoleted by the opendkim milter.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
  CharitĂ© - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
  [hidden email] | http://www.charite.de

Re: Postfix with Mailman and DKIM signing

Christophe Garault
On 30/06/2012 21:31, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote :
> On mail.python.org we're using the dkim-filter package (Debian) --
> which seems to have been obsoleted by the opendkim milter.

Agreed, dkim-filter is no longer maintained. I personnaly had several
serious problems with it.
I recently filled this bug in the hope that it won't be packaged in
forthcoming Wheezy:

Christophe Garault

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment