Query postfix for maildir

Mark O'Dell

Hi,

I have searched but can’t find this anywhere, is there a command that will return the maildir(s) that a given address will deliver to?

I have a folder with thousands of emails (it’s a journal from another server) in it and I want to distribute them to the appropriate maildir based on the intended recipients.  I have pretty much written a PHP script that queries MySQL and find this information, but it seems to be a bit inefficient when Postfix already has the ability and is presumably faster than my PHP.

At the same time, possibly off topic, is there a better way of writing this email to the new maildir than using PHP?

Running Fedora 6 and postfix 2.3.3 with dovecot.

Many Thanks

Mark