Query

Software Info

Hi All

I am trying to figure out how to get this working. I run Mailman through Postfix. The Mailman aliases are in alias_maps. I find that when I set up a transport map in Postfix to have Postfix forward the emails through another email gateway, the aliases in alias_maps are bypassed so mailman will not work. Is this expected behavior and is there are way around this? Would really appreciate any assistance.

Best Regards

SI

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Query

Phil Stracchino
On 2020-02-14 10:42, Peter Fraser wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to figure out how to get this working. I run Mailman through
> Postfix. The Mailman aliases are in alias_maps. I find that when I set
> up a transport map in Postfix to have Postfix forward the emails through
> another email gateway, the aliases in alias_maps are bypassed so mailman
> will not work. Is this expected behavior and is there are way around
> this? Would really appreciate any assistance.

My experience has been that when you set up the aliases according to
Mailman's instructions for integrating Mailman with Postfix, it Just Works.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  Landline: +1.603.293.8485
  Mobile:   +1.603.998.6958

Re: Query

Peter Ajamian
On 15/02/20 5:02 am, Curtis Maurand wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how to get this working. I run Mailman
>> through Postfix. The Mailman aliases are in alias_maps. I find that
>> when I set up a transport map in Postfix to have Postfix forward the
>> emails through another email gateway, the aliases in alias_maps are
>> bypassed so mailman will not work. Is this expected behavior and is
>> there are way around this? Would really appreciate any assistance.

You probably want to use relayhost or default_transport instead of
transport_maps.

Peter