[Question] disable_vrfy_command

Eoin Kim

Hi all,

I was reading Postfix documentation and found this configuration parameter.

disable_vrfy_command (default: no)

Disable the SMTP VRFY command. This stops some techniques used to harvest email addresses.

I am not a native English speaker so a bit confused with the sentence above. So, if the value is set to ‘no’, it stops some techniques used to harvest email addresses. Is it correct? The parameter itself has disable in its name so it look like a double negative.

Sorry for this silly question but I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me. Thanks.

Eoin Kim

Systems Administrator

RCS Telecommunications

Level 1 – The Annexe, 133 Mary Street

Brisbane, QLD, 4000, Australia

Office: 07 3228 0843

Mobile: 0419 726 231

Email: [hidden email]

RE: [Question] disable_vrfy_command

Eoin Kim

Wow, that was quick. Thanks Eero, really appreciate it.

Eoin