Question regarding OpenDKIM milter with Postfix 3.1.0

Question regarding OpenDKIM milter with Postfix 3.1.0

J Doe
Hi,

I apologize for asking a question that is only tangentially related to Postfix, however the OpenDKIM mailing lists do not appear to be accessible.

I am using Postfix 3.1.0 and OpenDKIM 2.10.3.  Upon reboot of my server, I noticed “normal” stats regarding caching (which I have enabled in opendkim.conf), in OpenDKIM:

    May 14 20:10:45 server opendkim[1950]: cache: 0 queries, 0 hits (0%), 16 expired, 0 keys

..however, after a connection, I receive the following:

    May 14 20:16:35 server opendkim[1950]: cache: 32563 queries, 1104666192 hits (94967%), 16 expired, 0 keys

I stopped and restarted OpenDKIM via systemd as I assume that would empty the in memory cache and any possible corruption, but a spurious number returns.

My questions are:

        [1] Has anyone ever seen this happen ?

        [2] Is there a persistent data store that stores stats and should be purged ?

Thanks,

- J

Re: Question regarding OpenDKIM milter with Postfix 3.1.0

A. Schulze

Am 15.05.2018 um 02:40 schrieb J Doe:
> I apologize for asking a question that is only tangentially related to Postfix, however the OpenDKIM mailing lists do not appear to be accessible.

<OT>
yes, the OpenDKIM lists are unfortunately broken since a long time. I hope I could push the list admin to fix that.
</OT>

> I am using Postfix 3.1.0 and OpenDKIM 2.10.3.  Upon reboot of my server, I noticed “normal” stats regarding caching (which I have enabled in opendkim.conf), in OpenDKIM:
>
>     May 14 20:10:45 server opendkim[1950]: cache: 0 queries, 0 hits (0%), 16 expired, 0 keys
>
> ..however, after a connection, I receive the following:
>
>     May 14 20:16:35 server opendkim[1950]: cache: 32563 queries, 1104666192 hits (94967%), 16 expired, 0 keys
>
> I stopped and restarted OpenDKIM via systemd as I assume that would empty the in memory cache and any possible corruption, but a spurious number returns.
I never used caching in OpenDKIM and disable it where ever possible. I prefer a local DNS resolver and a fast/local database (for signing).

Andreas

Re: Question regarding OpenDKIM milter with Postfix 3.1.0

J Doe
Hi Andreas,

> <OT>
> yes, the OpenDKIM lists are unfortunately broken since a long time. I hope I could push the list admin to fix that.
> </OT>

Ok, thank you for confirming that.  I was wondering if it was just my attempts to post to the list

> I never used caching in OpenDKIM and disable it where ever possible. I prefer a local DNS resolver and a fast/local database (for signing).

It would appear that the starting and stopping of OpenDKIM has solved this; there are no further aberrations with the statistics.

I will be implementing a local resolver with caching - thank you for mentioning that.

- J