Queue lifetime

pasvon
Hello

If I have configured a maximum queue lifetime of 2 days and during a major
outage 2000 mails accumulate in the deferred queue, what happens to these
2000 mails if I increase the queue lifetime to 5 days and reload Postfix?
Does the new lifetime only apply to new mails or also to existing mails in
the queue?

---

Re: Queue lifetime

Wietse Venema
pasvon:
> Hello
>
> If I have configured a maximum queue lifetime of 2 days and during a major
> outage 2000 mails accumulate in the deferred queue, what happens to these
> 2000 mails if I increase the queue lifetime to 5 days and reload Postfix?
> Does the new lifetime only apply to new mails or also to existing mails in
> the queue?

The 'current' queue life time applies to old and new mail. The
Postfix queue manager enforces it after trying to deliver a message.

        Wietse