Re: Does white-listing 'postmaster' white-list all the other recipients?

Re: Does white-listing 'postmaster' white-list all the other recipients?

Bill Cole-3
On 20 Apr 2017, at 17:54, J. Johnson wrote:

> Incidentally, I do have "smtp_delay_reject = yes", which *delays* the
> processing. But I appears that none of the smtpd_*_restrictions (if
> specified) are skipped. Which I find handy for controlling how they
> are
> applied to different addresses.

Correct. See the SMTPD_ACCESS_README document and the postconf(5) man
page for details of how smtp_delay_reject operates. It's primary purpose
is to avoid problems with how some SMTP clients react to rejection to
the commands that come before RCPT. It is important to understand that
while smtpd_delay_reject=yes gives earlier restriction lists
(smtpd_client_restrictions, smtpd_helo_restrictions, and
smtpd_sender_restrictions) access to restrictions that use inputs not
available until after their logical phase, you still get in-order
evaluation of the restriction lists and of the restrictions within each
list. It is still a good idea to NOT use late inputs (e.g. recipient
address) in early restriction lists unless you have a specific need to
do so.