Re: SRX1410787439ID - Re: Reported deliverability problem to Outlook.com SRX1410787439ID

Re: SRX1410787439ID - Re: Reported deliverability problem to Outlook.com SRX1410787439ID

Yuval Levy
Below is the last email I received from Microsoft regarding the silently
discarded emails.  It neatly summarizes the whole interaction, except
the first automated reply that I received on submitting their form.  I
hope I managed to attach it to the appropriate discussion thread, if
not, please accept my apology.

From : "Yuval Levy" Sent : Saturday, January 6, 2018 8:57:33 PM UTC
To :
"[hidden email]" Subject : Re: Reported deliverability
problem to Outlook.com
SRX1410787439ID

Thank you for reviewing and investigating the IP submitted.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM:

A correspondent using an hotmail.ca address and another correspondent
using an hotmail.com address both reported to me this week that they did
not receive emails I sent.

Sender is consistently [hidden email]
SMTP server is consistently MX.XXX.XXX, a virtual server under my
control
The nature of the email is purely business.  Three light PDF files
generated by my word processor and a little bit email body text.  No
HTML.  A GPG signature using an expired GPG key was attached as well, as
an ascii file.

After receiving that report, I tried to send from [hidden email] to
[hidden email], which is an outlook.com mailbox under my control, a
much simpler email.  That email never arrived.

I also tried to send an email from my university's alumni service, that
is provided by Google, to [hidden email].  That email never arrived
either.

Last but not least I sent an email from [hidden email] to
[hidden email].  It arrived.  When I replied on it, the reply arrived
to [hidden email].

It is very worrying that in all instances for which I have access to the
SMTP server log, outlook's server replied to my SMTP server with a 250,
giving the impression that the message would be delivered.  Instead, the
message has been silently discarded.  At the very least I would expect a
return message from outlook to let me know that the message was not
delivered!

Yuval Levy, JD, MBA, CFA
Ontario-licensed lawyer

CONFIDENTIALITY: This message (including attachments, if any) is
confidential and may be solicitor-client privileged. Any unauthorized
use or disclosure is strictly prohibited. Disclosure of this e-mail to
anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us
immediately and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation.

On 2018-01-06 02:55 PM,
[hidden email]
wrote:

> Dear Yuval Levy
>

> We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following
> table contains the results of our investigation.
>

> More information needed
> XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
> We were unable to identify anything on our side that would prevent
your

http://support.msn.com/eform.aspx?productKey=edfsjmrpp&page=support_home
> _options_form_byemail&ct=eformts.
>

> Smart Network Data Services program (SNDS). This program allows you to
> monitor the 'health' and reputation of your registered IPs by
providing