Re: procmail hitting sometimes but not others?

Re: procmail hitting sometimes but not others?

Bill Weiss-5
Evan Platt([hidden email])@Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 02:05:31PM -0700:

> I know it's overkill, but I run my own postfix  (2.6.2) on my server at
> home. My domain, my mail. Just me.
>
> Just switched to IMAP, and figured I'd also like to sync filtering
> rules, so best way I could see was use procmail.
>
> So far, sometimes so good. But every once in a while, a message 'slips'
> past the procmail and into my mailbox.
> I've attached postconf -n below, and I've put the filter, header, and
> verbose procmail output at
> http://www.espphotography.com/proc.txt .
>
> Any obvious reason it isn't hitting? I could gather a few more times
> it's not hitting - it seems to be literally hit or miss. Same rule,
> sometimes it hits sometimes it doesn't.
>
> Thanks. :)

If you're seeing the message in your procmail log, it's not "missing"
procmail.  In fact, given your mailbox_command there, I don't see how you
would have a message end up anywhere else.

I'll bet that those messages are hitting procmail, not matching any rules,
and ending up on your mailbox.

If not, how about log messages (from procmail, non-verbose, and from
postfix) showing a message that works as expected, and a message that
doesn't?

Also, why is your mynetworks so huge?  You've got a lot of space listed
there for a home server with one user.

> Evan
>

> # postconf -n
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases
> biff = no
> command_directory = /usr/sbin
> config_directory = /etc/postfix
> daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
> debug_peer_level = 2
> header_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/header_checks
> inet_interfaces = all
> mail_owner = postfix
> mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail
> mailbox_size_limit = 1000000000
> mailq_path = /usr/bin/mailq
> manpage_directory = /usr/share/man
> message_size_limit = 1000000000
> mydomain = espphotography.com
> myhostname = espphotography.com
> mynetworks = 168.100.189.0/28,
> 127.0.0.0/8,192.168.1.0/28,206.176.229.254,216.200.134.0/24,192.168.1.0/24,99.11.230.251
> mynetworks_style = subnet
> newaliases_path = /usr/bin/newaliases
> queue_directory = /private/var/spool/postfix
> readme_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix
> relayhost = [smtp.comcast.net]:587
> sample_directory = /usr/share/doc/postfix/examples
> sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
> setgid_group = postdrop
> smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
> smtp_sasl_security_options =
> smtpd_client_event_limit_exceptions = static:everyone
> smtpd_sasl_path = smtpd
> smtpd_sender_restrictions = check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
> smtpd_tls_cert_file = /System/Library/OpenSSL/certs/smtpd.pem
> smtpd_tls_key_file = $smtpd_tls_cert_file
> smtpd_use_tls = yes

Bill Weiss

The ten commandments of hooking anything to anything
VIII.  Never screw with something thou cannot replace.