Recipient BCC

Jason Ledford

I am trying to setup an email archiving solution and trying to use recipient_bcc_map and sender_bcc_map.  The sender_bcc_map works just fine and forwards the mail to the address specified.  The recipient_bcc_map doesn’t do anything.  Both maps look identical:

@mydomain.com   local_user

There aren’t any errors or warnings as mail goes thru either.   I have seen this http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_archive.shtml and it looks like what I am trying should do the same thing since (with what has worked so far) what I am trying above retains the envelope header.  So should I ditch the way I am trying to do it or just go with Ralf’s method?  Thanks in advanced for any help.

I am doing this on a test server and using a very basic config file.

Main.cf:

# See /usr/share/postfix/main.cf.dist for a commented, more complete version

# Debian specific:  Specifying a file name will cause the first

# line of that file to be used as the name.  The Debian default

# is /etc/mailname.

#myorigin = /etc/mailname

biff = no

# appending .domain is the MUA's job.

append_dot_mydomain = no

# Uncomment the next line to generate "delayed mail" warnings

#delay_warning_time = 4h

# TLS parameters

smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem

smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key

smtpd_use_tls=yes

smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtpd_scache

smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${queue_directory}/smtp_scache

# See /usr/share/doc/postfix/TLS_README.gz in the postfix-doc package for

# information on enabling SSL in the smtp client.

myhostname = tbcvm002

alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases

alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases

mydestination = tbcvm002, localhost.tbcnet.biltmore.com, localhost

relayhost = 10.37.2.19

mynetworks = 10.12.1.138,127.0.0.0/8

mailbox_size_limit = 0

recipient_delimiter = +

inet_interfaces = all

recipient_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_bcc_map

sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc_map

recipient and sender bcc maps:

@mydomain.com   local_user

Re: Recipient BCC

Wietse Venema
Jason Ledford:
> I am trying to setup an email archiving solution and trying to use recipient_bcc_map and sender_bcc_map.  The sender_bcc_map works just fine and forwards the mail to the address specified.  The recipient_bcc_map doesn't do anything.  Both maps look identical:
> @mydomain.com   local_user
>
> There aren't any errors or warnings as mail goes thru either.   I have seen this http://www.arschkrebs.de/postfix/postfix_archive.shtml and it looks like what I am trying should do the same thing since (with what has worked so far) what I am trying above retains the envelope header.  So should I ditch the way I am trying to do it or just go with Ralf's method?  Thanks in advanced for any help.
>
> I am doing this on a test server and using a very basic config file.
> Main.cf:

1) Be sure to examine "postconf -n" output. Sometimes people make
subtle formatting errors, causing Postfix to read something else
that what you believe you entered.

2) Do verify that

        postmap -q @mydomain.com hash:/etc/postfix/mumble_bcc_map

produces the expected result.