Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

9acca9
Hello everyone.
I have configured a zimbra and a postfix different pc. (zimbra is on my
local network, and postfix on an external network).

the only thing I want is for postfix to send the mails from my domain to any
side, and that the ones of any side send them to zimbra.

The sending of mails was correct but if from my google mail account I want
to answer, I find this error in the log:

Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

of course the "user" is not know by postfix or that server, I want postfix
to deliver this mail to zimbra, who knows them.

smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
biff = no

append_dot_mydomain = no

readme_directory = no

smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
smtpd_use_tls = yes

smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated
defer_unauth_destination
myhostname = postfix.mydomain.es
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
myorigin = /etc/mailname
mydestination = $myhostname, mydomain.es, localhost.mydomain.es, localhost,
relay_domains = $mydestination
relayhost =
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128 172.16.5.5/32
190.2.19.187/32
mailbox_size_limit = 8192000
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = all
home_mailbox = Maildir/

Thanks to all.

Re: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

Wilfried.Essig@Essignetz.de
Hi,

is zimbra running on the same machine? Then you should read zimbra doc,
how to integrate with postfix.

If zimbra is running on another machine, you should read postfix doc on
relaying (http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html)

Willi

Am 27.10.2017 um 15:32 schrieb 9acca9:

> Hello everyone.
> I have configured a zimbra and a postfix different pc. (zimbra is on my
> local network, and postfix on an external network).
>
> the only thing I want is for postfix to send the mails from my domain to any
> side, and that the ones of any side send them to zimbra.
>
> The sending of mails was correct but if from my google mail account I want
> to answer, I find this error in the log:
>
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
>
> of course the "user" is not know by postfix or that server, I want postfix
> to deliver this mail to zimbra, who knows them.
>
> smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name (Ubuntu)
> biff = no
>
> append_dot_mydomain = no
>
> readme_directory = no
>
> smtpd_tls_cert_file=/etc/ssl/certs/ssl-cert-snakeoil.pem
> smtpd_tls_key_file=/etc/ssl/private/ssl-cert-snakeoil.key
> smtpd_use_tls = yes
> smtpd_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtpd_scache
> smtp_tls_session_cache_database = btree:${data_directory}/smtp_scache
>
> smtpd_relay_restrictions = permit_mynetworks permit_sasl_authenticated
> defer_unauth_destination
> myhostname = postfix.mydomain.es
> alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
> alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
> myorigin = /etc/mailname
> mydestination = $myhostname, mydomain.es, localhost.mydomain.es, localhost,
> relay_domains = $mydestination
> relayhost =
> mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 [::ffff:127.0.0.0]/104 [::1]/128 172.16.5.5/32
> 190.2.19.187/32
> mailbox_size_limit = 8192000
> recipient_delimiter = +
> inet_interfaces = all
> inet_protocols = all
> home_mailbox = Maildir/
>
> Thanks to all.

> Sent from: http://postfix.1071664.n5.nabble.com/Postfix-Users-f2.html

Re: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table

> On Oct 27, 2017, at 9:32 AM, 9acca9 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Recipient address rejected: User unknown in local recipient table
>
> of course the "user" is not know by postfix or that server, I want postfix
> to deliver this mail to zimbra, who knows them.

Remove the recipient domain from "mydestination" and add it
to "relay_domains".  On a pure relay system, with no local
mailboxes

   main.cf:
        # Convenience macro

        mydestination =
        alias_database =
        alias_maps = $alias_database
        local_recipient_maps =
        local_transport = error:5.1.2 Mailbox unavailable

        # One or more relayed domains
        #
        relay_domains = example.com

        # If inbound relaying is not always MX based, use a
        # transport table
        #
        # transport_maps = ${indexed}transport

        # Alternatively, if all inbound domains hit the same relay
        # Just specify the relay in main.cf:
        #
        # relay_transport = relay:[relay.example.com]

        # Consider mandatory TLS for relay traffic
        #
        smtp_tls_policy_maps = ${indexed}tls-policy
        smtp_tls_loglevel = 1
        smtp_tls_security_level = may
        # Or instead:
        #
        # smtp_tls_security_level = dane
        ## Ensure /etc/resolv.conf has just: nameserver 127.0.0.1
        ## And resolver is doing DNSSEC validation, and tracks
        ## RFC5011 root KSK rollovers reliably.
        ## See:
        ##
        ## https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2017-09-27-en
        #
        # smtp_dns_support_level = dnssec

        # See http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#parent_domain_matches_subdomains
        # Consider setting entirely empty at the cost of adding each blocked subtree
        # of DNS twice:  "example.com REJECT ..." and ".example.com REJECT ..."
        #
        parent_domain_matches_subdomains = smtpd_access_maps

    transport:
        example.com relay:[relay.example.com]

    tls-policy:
        # Or "secure" if you're comfortable enough with PKI,
        # or even "dane" or "dane-only"
        #
        [relay.example.com] encrypt