Redirect mail to another test server

Christophe Dumonet
Hello,
I'm setting up a new postfix install on a TEST linux box.
To test with some few accounts, on the operating server, I'm looking for
a way to redirect some email adresses to my postfix test box.
How to do ? I have try to put in /etc/postfix/virtual a line like :
myemail@mydomain [hidden email] but it doesn't works.
Any help would be appreciate, Thanks
Christophe Dumonet, France.

Christophe Dumonet
Centre de Ressources Informatiques
Institut Francais de Mecanique Avancee (IFMA)
Campus des Cezeaux
BP 265
63175 AUBIERE Cedex
Tel : +33 - 4.73.28.80.64
Fax : +33 - 4.73.28.81.00
Mail : [hidden email]

Re: Redirect mail to another test server

Juan Miscaro-2
2008/8/26 Christophe Dumonet <[hidden email]>:
> Hello,
> I'm setting up a new postfix install on a TEST linux box.
> To test with some few accounts, on the operating server, I'm looking for a
> way to redirect some email adresses to my postfix test box.
> How to do ? I have try to put in /etc/postfix/virtual a line like :
> myemail@mydomain [hidden email] but it doesn't works.

You need to make sure your box is configured to use virtual (main.cf,
show postconf -n).

You then need to create the db index (check postmap command).

Finally, you need to configure your test box to accept such mail
(error logs; /var/log/maillog).

/juan

Christophe Dumonet wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm setting up a new postfix install on a TEST linux box.
> To test with some few accounts, on the operating server, I'm looking for
> a way to redirect some email adresses to my postfix test box.
> How to do ? I have try to put in /etc/postfix/virtual a line like :
> myemail@mydomain [hidden email] but it doesn't works.

it does work.

if it doesn't work for you, show
- your config (postconf -n)