Regenerate or move postfix queue

Santiago Romero-2
Hi.

I'm running out of space for my postfix's spool directory and I'm planning
to create a new 30GB partition and mount it over the current spool dir
(/var/spool/postfix).

How do I re-generate the queue after mounting the new partition and having
an emtpy /var/spool/postfix/ ?

In squid, as an example, exists "squid -Z" which recreates postfix's queue.
There is something similar in postfix? Maybe I should check CentOS
postfix's post-install scripts instead (/etc/postfix/post-install)?

Another option would be (after stopping postfix), move the old queue
contents to the new queue, but I'm not sure if that would be OK (in qmail,
it couldn't be done because each message in the queue depends on the fs
i-node).

Thanks.

PS:

# ls -ld /var/spool/postfix/
drwxr-xr-x 16 root root 4096 oct  1  2009 /var/spool/postfix/

# ls -l /var/spool/postfix/
total 1736
drwx------  2 postfix root     888832 jun 21 09:27 active
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 jun 21 06:54 bounce
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 ago 14  2008 corrupt
drwx------ 18 postfix root       4096 jul  2  2010 defer
drwx------ 18 postfix root       4096 jul  2  2010 deferred
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 ago 14  2008 flush
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 ago 14  2008 hold
drwx------  2 postfix root     761856 jun 21 09:25 incoming
drwx-wx---  2 postfix postdrop  16384 jun 21 09:25 maildrop
drwxr-xr-x  2 root    root       4096 jul  2  2010 pid
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 may 26 12:11 private
drwx--x---  2 postfix postdrop   4096 may 26 12:11 public
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 ago 14  2008 saved
drwx------  2 postfix root       4096 ago 14  2008 trace

Re: Regenerate or move postfix queue

Wietse Venema
Santiago Romero:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running out of space for my postfix's spool directory and I'm planning
> to create a new 30GB partition and mount it over the current spool dir
> (/var/spool/postfix).
>
> How do I re-generate the queue after mounting the new partition and having
> an emtpy /var/spool/postfix/ ?

In an off-list response, I pointed out that "postfix start" will
do this automatically.

        Wietse

$ man postfix
   check  Warn about bad directory/file ownership or permissions, and cre-
          ate missing directories.

   start  Start  the Postfix mail system. This also runs the configuration
          check described above.