Reject Chinese mail

12

Re: Reject Chinese mail

황병희-2
> By the way, you can find ASIA NETBLOCK on the internet and block them all easily.

My Postfix is running on Google Compute Engine's Ubuntu 18.04.
Actually i do not block anyone, any clients, any ip addresses.

#+BEGIN_SRC sh
soyeomul@bionic190316003:~$ cat ~/.forward
[hidden email]
#+END_SRC

All incoming spams go to Gmail's Spam folder so i have no stress with
spam things.

Sincerely,

^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

Re: Reject Chinese mail

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim
On Sat, 23 Nov 2019 at 10:00, 황병희 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[hidden email] writes:

> [...] do you think if it is possible to reject all mails from China? Thanks

How about moving to Gmail(Google Apps)? Gmail's spam defense is not bad, i
think.

I disagree. It often labels mailing list email as spam, even though I’ve been subscribed to them for ages. And have a filter for labelling said messages as well.

Plus don't block China. Blocking China is blocking money.

Sincerely,

I don’t get the logic of this statement. Do you mean you get money for every single email you get from China?
He who settles on the idea of the intelligent man as a static entity only shows himself to be a fool.

Re: Reject Chinese mail

Dominic Raferd

[hidden email] writes:

> [...] do you think if it is possible to reject all mails from China? Thanks

How about moving to Gmail(Google Apps)? Gmail's spam defense is not bad, i
think.

I disagree. It often labels mailing list email as spam, even though I’ve been subscribed to them for ages. And have a filter for labelling said messages as well.

Plus don't block China. Blocking China is blocking money.

Sincerely,

I don’t get the logic of this statement. Do you mean you get money for every single email you get from China?

I don't block based on country but I do add some weighting in Spamassassin for countries that I have found to be significant spam sources, and not sources of ham. However I also subtract weighting for mails from mailing lists.

I agree that Gmail sometimes puts mailing list mails in spam. Mostly it gets it right, but not always. It's only human after all ;-)

Re: Reject Chinese mail

황병희-2
> I don't block based on country but I do add some weighting in Spamassassin for [...]

Absolutely i agree with you Dominic, thanks^^^

Sincerely,

^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

Re: Reject Chinese mail

황병희-2
Hello Jeffrey,

> I don’t get the logic of this statement. [...]

There are my several cousin brothers, friends over the world. So i can't
block any regions. The word money is not money in the statement.

Sincerely,

^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

Re: Reject Chinese mail

황병희-2
Hello Jeffrey again^^^

>  How about moving to Gmail(Google Apps)? Gmail's spam defense is not bad, i
>  think.
>
> I disagree. It often labels mailing list email as spam, [...]

Personally i read public mailing  lists' messages by Gmane. There is
example screenshot [0]. So i have no problem about that.

Sincerely,

[0] https://gitlab.com/soyeomul/Gnus/blob/master/ss/IMG_20191127_104651_resized_20191127_104806025.jpg

^고맙습니다 _地平天成_ 감사합니다_^))//

Re: Reject Chinese mail

Wesley Peng-9

on 2019/11/27 10:00, 황병희 wrote:
> Personally i read public mailing  lists' messages by Gmane. There is
> example screenshot [0]. So i have no problem about that.

For customized spam policy, I found Tuffmail has a flexible interface.

Regards.

Re: Reject Chinese mail

@lbutlr
On 26 Nov 2019, at 19:00, 황병희 <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> How about moving to Gmail(Google Apps)? Gmail's spam defense is not bad, i
>> think.
>>
>> I disagree. It often labels mailing list email as spam, [...]
>
> Personally i read public mailing  lists' messages by Gmane.

Ugh. Just about the only reason I still use email at ALL is to avoid *!#%&$ web-based garbage like gmane.

Polexia: Let's deflower the kid.

Re: Reject Chinese mail

Jos Chrispijn-3
On 21-11-19 6:42, Reto wrote:
Apparently you also don't speak English properly. Do you want people to spam block the full .de domain because of that?

Idiot

-- With both feet on the ground you can't make any step forward

Re: [THREAD CLOSED] Reject Chinese mail

Viktor Dukhovni
TOP-POST:

This thread no longer has any relevance to Postfix, and has
descended into ad-hominem.  Before we have to start booting
miscreants from the list, let's stop here.  Thanks.