Reject bounces

izghitu
Hi,

I have a mail server running postfix that sends a lot of emails and gets back a lot of bounces. These bounces a filling up my server and causing additional load.

Is there any way on a postfix level to reject/not accept any type of bounce that gets sent to the mail server?

Please let me know.

Re: Reject bounces

Benny Pedersen-2
George skrev den 2017-09-15 17:00:

> I have a mail server running postfix that sends a lot of emails and
> gets back a lot of bounces. These bounces a filling up my server and
> causing additional load.

if i know my book right, you send mail to a host that accept and bounce
where thay should have rejected ?

in that case you should use dns rpz zone with a list of hosts that makes
backscattering with accept and bounce

in postfix you can make a recipient access with hots to make local
reject mail to hosts like this, sadly this is maintain works :(

> Is there any way on a postfix level to reject/not accept any type of
> bounce that gets sent to the mail server?

if i am right above you should do nothing, if unsure show logs from you
that shows exact problem

do not make -v on smtpd to be helpfull, raw plain logs not debug logs

hopefully others can then help more then me

Re: Reject bounces

Ralph Seichter
On 15.09.2017 17:00, "George" wrote:

> I have a mail server running postfix that sends a lot of emails and
> gets back a lot of bounces. These bounces a filling up my server and
> causing additional load.
>
> Is there any way on a postfix level to reject/not accept any type of
> bounce that gets sent to the mail server?

Seriously? Is this not answered in the Spam Senders Anonymous new member
information package? ;-)

-Ralph

Re: Reject bounces

George:
> Hi,
>
> I have a mail server running postfix that sends a lot of emails and gets
> back a lot of bounces. These bounces a filling up my server and causing
> additional load.
>
> Is there any way on a postfix level to reject/not accept any type of bounce
> that gets sent to the mail server?

Fix the real problem: you are using stale recipient lists. Fix that
problem, and you might find that more of your email is accepted.

        Wietse