Remove user agent information in the email header

Remove user agent information in the email header

André Rodier
Hello,

I would like to delete automatically User-Agent or X-Mailer information
in the headers of outgoing emails.

I have tried the header_checks, and it works, but with all emails, even
those received.

Can you tell me how to proceed, please?

Thanks,
André

André Rodier
HomeBox: https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox

Re: Remove user agent information in the email header

Nick-5
On 2019-04-02 07:42 BST, André Rodier wrote:
> I have tried the header_checks, and it works, but with all emails,
> even those received.
>
> Can you tell me how to proceed, please?

<http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html#mx_submission>
HTH
Nick

On 2 April 2019 08:18:46 BST, Nick <[hidden email]> wrote:
>On 2019-04-02 07:42 BST, André Rodier wrote:
>> I have tried the header_checks, and it works, but with all emails,
>> even those received.
>>
>> Can you tell me how to proceed, please?
>
><http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html#mx_submission>
>HTH

Thanks a lot, this is perfect.

André.
André

Re: Remove user agent information in the email header

Matt Anton
On 2 Apr 2019, at 8:42, André Rodier wrote:

> Hello,

Hello,

> I would like to delete automatically User-Agent or X-Mailer information
> in the headers of outgoing emails.
>
> I have tried the header_checks, and it works, but with all emails, even
> those received.
>
> Can you tell me how to proceed, please?
>
> Thanks,

Make an header_checks table only for the submission service:

[master.cf]
submission […]
[…]
-o receive_override_options=header_checks,pcre:$config_directory/header_checks_submission.pcre
[…]

--
matt [at] lv223.org
GPG key ID: 7D91A8CA

On Tue, 2019-04-02 at 08:18 +0100, Nick wrote:
> On 2019-04-02 07:42 BST, André Rodier wrote:
> > I have tried the header_checks, and it works, but with all emails,
> > even those received.
> >
> > Can you tell me how to proceed, please?
>
> <http://www.postfix.org/BUILTIN_FILTER_README.html#mx_submission>
> HTH