Restricting Emails to a domain per email.

Restricting Emails to a domain per email.

Philip

Hi List, Seasons Greetings.

I'm using destination_rate_delay to limit emails going out as quickly is there a setting I'm not aware off that could limit the number of emails to a particular domain based on a 24 hour block?

If I could get pointed in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Phil

Re: Restricting Emails to a domain per email.

Wietse Venema
Philip:
> Hi List, Seasons Greetings.
>
> I'm using *destination_rate_delay* to limit emails going out as quickly
> is there a setting I'm not aware off that could limit the number of
> emails to a particular domain based on a 24 hour block?

Such large intervals make no sense because:

- They do not prevent sending the entire 24-hour volume in one short
  blast.

- "postfix reload" resets all timers. That's a feature, not a bug.

Perhaps you can use postfwd for input rate limiting.

        Wietse