Rewriting recipient before routing the email

Rewriting recipient before routing the email

André Rodier
Hello again,

Is there an option to rewrite the final recipient, to remove some extra
characters, with some header checks, for the incoming emails.

This is what I want to achieve:

For instance, if postfix receives emails for [hidden email], the
final recipient would be rewritten as [hidden email], and an
additional header would be added, for instance, X-Valid-Date: 0304.

Maybe I can do this with recipient delimiter, but can I have more than
one character recipient delimiter in postfix?

The idea I have in mind, and the first tests are promising, is to allow
my users to register on web sites with a temporary email address. The
address will be valid only on day, 03/04/2019. So far, the Sieve
scripts worked very well to do this.

Again, many thanks for your insights.

André Rodier
HomeBox: https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox

Re: Rewriting recipient before routing the email

Bill Cole-3
On 3 Apr 2019, at 2:38, André Rodier wrote:

> Maybe I can do this with recipient delimiter, but can I have more than
> one character recipient delimiter in postfix?

Yes. See the man page for postconf(5)

--
Bill Cole
[hidden email] or [hidden email]