Rules in Error

kbajwa
CentOS 5.2
Postfix-2.2.3 (Comes packaged with CentOS)
Dovecot-1.1.1
Dovecot.Sieve-1.1.5

-------------------------------------
This is somewhat a vague question!

I have three computers setup with the above system. On my Win XP PC I am
getting the following error:

Rules in Error

Rule         Error
-----        ------
Postfix      Cannot remove message from the folder.

I have no idea which LINUX computer is causing this error (it is not
displayed in the error message box), therefore, I have can't post 'postfix'
configuration. A GOOGLE search on this error has not produced any result.

Is it possible to point to the setting which may be causing this problem? I
can post any additional information.

Thanks

Kirti

Re: Rules in Error

Sahil Tandon
kbajwa <[hidden email]> wrote:

> CentOS 5.2
> Postfix-2.2.3 (Comes packaged with CentOS)
> Dovecot-1.1.1
> Dovecot.Sieve-1.1.5
>
> -------------------------------------
> This is somewhat a vague question!
>
> I have three computers setup with the above system. On my Win XP PC I am
> getting the following error:

Getting the error in *what* program?

> Rules in Error
>
> Rule         Error
> -----        ------
> Postfix      Cannot remove message from the folder.

Hard to say whether this is really even a Postfix issue/error.

> I have no idea which LINUX computer is causing this error (it is not
> displayed in the error message box), therefore, I have can't post 'postfix'
> configuration. A GOOGLE search on this error has not produced any result.

grep your logs on every one of those three machines for perhaps the IP of the
Win XP PC in question.

> Is it possible to point to the setting which may be causing this problem? I
> can post any additional information.

First prove this is a Postfix-related problem.

Sahil Tandon <[hidden email]>

Re: Rules in Error

kbajwa wrote:

> CentOS 5.2
> Postfix-2.2.3 (Comes packaged with CentOS)
> Dovecot-1.1.1
> Dovecot.Sieve-1.1.5
>
> -------------------------------------
> This is somewhat a vague question!
>
> I have three computers setup with the above system. On my Win XP PC I am
> getting the following error:
>
> Rules in Error
>
> Rule         Error
> Postfix      Cannot remove message from the folder.

doesn't look related to postfix at all, because postfix is not involved
with "removing" anything from a folder.

> I have no idea which LINUX computer is causing this error (it is not
> displayed in the error message box),

there is no evidence that any linux computer is involved here. looks
like an issue in your client software (on win xp). the fact that it
contains the word postfix proves nothing. you probably have rules
defined in your client software and one of the rules is called "postfix".