SMTP session failure: 501 5.1.7 - how to solve it ?

SMTP session failure: 501 5.1.7 - how to solve it ?

Zalezny Niezalezny
Dear Colleagues,

I have a problem with my Postfix/Mailman configuration. Basicly everything is working fine except one thing.

When I`m sending message to mailman admins:

From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

Postfix generating SMTP session failure.

Jun 23 10:59:25 2017 (18113) SMTP session failure: 501, 5.1.7 Bad sender address syntax, msgid: <CAKPGuG9oNCPVcqH=UZu1SOqFCvTh=[hidden email]>

So in this example, I have sent message
From: [hidden email]
To: [hidden email]

For some reason Postfix is not able to acceppt sender E-mail address "[hidden email]". My Mailman server is behind the firewall, could it be that server is not able to resolve gmail.com domain and thats why rejecting it ? How to solve it ?

Cheers

Zalezny

Re: SMTP session failure: 501 5.1.7 - how to solve it ?

Wilfried.Essig@Essignetz.de

Please read http://www.postfix.org/DEBUG_README.html#mail

Willi