SPF supprt

Keld Simonsen-2
Postfix documentation says: "Postfix already ships with SPF support,
in the form of a plug-in policy daemon. This is the preferred
integration model, at least until SPF is mandated by standards. "

I have not yet found the SPF plug-in policy daemon of Postfix, nor how to configure
it. Am I reading the documentation wrongly?

Also I note that SPF is on standards track in IETF. Does that
then fulfill the condition that SPF is mandated by standards?

I am running Centos 5 on some mail servers with postfix. I would like
to run SPF, preferably in a maintained way with possible
patches from a RPM repository. Any advice on how to do that?

Best regards
Keld

Re: SPF supprt

Scott Kitterman-4
On Monday, March 09, 2015 09:54:42 PM [hidden email] wrote:

> Postfix documentation says: "Postfix already ships with SPF support,
> in the form of a plug-in policy daemon. This is the preferred
> integration model, at least until SPF is mandated by standards. "
>
> I have not yet found the SPF plug-in policy daemon of Postfix, nor how to
> configure it. Am I reading the documentation wrongly?
>
> Also I note that SPF is on standards track in IETF. Does that
> then fulfill the condition that SPF is mandated by standards?
>
> I am running Centos 5 on some mail servers with postfix. I would like
> to run SPF, preferably in a maintained way with possible
> patches from a RPM repository. Any advice on how to do that?

There are multiple implementations of such a policy daemon.  Often these
applications perform other functions as well (e.g. greylisting).  Of the
purely SPF solutions, the one that's (as far as I know) the most full featured
is this one:

https://launchpad.net/pypolicyd-spf/

The included documentation should give you the information you need to
integrate it with your postfix via the policy interface.

Scott K

Re: SPF supprt

James B. Byrne

On Mon, March 9, 2015 17:03, Scott Kitterman wrote:

> On Monday, March 09, 2015 09:54:42 PM [hidden email] wrote:
>> Postfix documentation says: "Postfix already ships with SPF support,
>> in the form of a plug-in policy daemon. This is the preferred
>> integration model, at least until SPF is mandated by standards. "
>>
>> I have not yet found the SPF plug-in policy daemon of Postfix, nor
>> how to
>> configure it. Am I reading the documentation wrongly?
>>
>> Also I note that SPF is on standards track in IETF. Does that
>> then fulfill the condition that SPF is mandated by standards?
>>
>> I am running Centos 5 on some mail servers with postfix. I would
>> like
>> to run SPF, preferably in a maintained way with possible
>> patches from a RPM repository. Any advice on how to do that?
>
> There are multiple implementations of such a policy daemon.  Often
> these
> applications perform other functions as well (e.g. greylisting).  Of
> the
> purely SPF solutions, the one that's (as far as I know) the most full
> featured
> is this one:
>
> https://launchpad.net/pypolicyd-spf/
>
> The included documentation should give you the information you need to
> integrate it with your postfix via the policy interface.

pypolicyd-spf is what we use here.

--
***          E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel          ***
James B. Byrne                mailto:[hidden email]