SPF

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

SPF

Dave Goodrich
Hello all,

May I ask a question about SPF failure? It is not Postfix specific though our server is running Postifx. You folks just happen to be the group I trust the most for a decent answer.

Thanks,

Dave Goodrich
Webmaster
City of Greenfield, Indiana
317-477-4309


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF

Noel Jones-2
On 2/4/2016 9:27 AM, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> May I ask a question about SPF failure? It is not Postfix specific
> though our server is running Postifx. You folks just happen to be
> the group I trust the most for a decent answer.
>

We'll be pleased to discuss technical details of SPF within postfix.

For SPF questions or discussion not related to postfix, please see
http://www.openspf.org/Forums




  -- Noel Jones
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF

Dave Goodrich


----- Original Message -----

> From: "Noel Jones" <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:51:53 AM
> Subject: Re: SPF
>
> On 2/4/2016 9:27 AM, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > May I ask a question about SPF failure? It is not Postfix specific
> > though our server is running Postifx. You folks just happen to be
> > the group I trust the most for a decent answer.
> >
>
> We'll be pleased to discuss technical details of SPF within postfix.
>
> For SPF questions or discussion not related to postfix, please see
> http://www.openspf.org/Forums
>
>
>
>
>   -- Noel Jones
>

Been there. Just so people know, subscribing fails.

                   The mail system

<[hidden email]>: host mx-1.listbox.com[208.72.237.104]
    said: 550 5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address
    rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

                   The mail system

<[hidden email]>: host mx-1.listbox.com[208.72.237.104]
    said: 550 5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address
    rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)

I will look elsewhere for an answer.

Thanks,

DAve
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: SPF

Scott Kitterman-4
On Thursday, February 04, 2016 03:33:14 PM Dave Goodrich wrote:

> ----- Original Message -----
>
> > From: "Noel Jones" <[hidden email]>
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Sent: Thursday, February 4, 2016 11:51:53 AM
> > Subject: Re: SPF
> >
> > On 2/4/2016 9:27 AM, Dave Goodrich wrote:
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > May I ask a question about SPF failure? It is not Postfix specific
> > > though our server is running Postifx. You folks just happen to be
> > > the group I trust the most for a decent answer.
> >
> > We'll be pleased to discuss technical details of SPF within postfix.
> >
> > For SPF questions or discussion not related to postfix, please see
> > http://www.openspf.org/Forums
> >
> >   -- Noel Jones
>
> Been there. Just so people know, subscribing fails.
>
>                    The mail system
>
> <[hidden email]>: host mx-1.listbox.com[208.72.237.104]
>     said: 550 5.1.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address
>     rejected: User unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO
> command)
>
>                    The mail system
>
> <[hidden email]>: host
> mx-1.listbox.com[208.72.237.104] said: 550 5.1.1
> <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected: User
> unknown in virtual alias table (in reply to RCPT TO command)
>
> I will look elsewhere for an answer.

There's also a web form to subscribe:

https://www.listbox.com/subscribe/index.html

Enter spf-help at the list ID. The mailing list itself works.

Scott K