SPF

Jos Chrispijn-3
Just upgraded to Postfix 3 - thanks for this release!
With SPF validation I now get stuck on following in my main.cfg:

Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto postfix/smtpd[50770]: warning: unknown smtpd restriction: "reject_spf_invalid_sender"
Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto postfix/smtpd[50773]: warning: unknown smtpd restriction: "permit_spf_valid_sender"

Can you tell me how to solve this?

Thanks,
Jos Chrispijn

Re: SPF

Patrick Ben Koetter-2
If you find it on http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html it is part of
Postfix.
If not, someone else added it and it is not part of Postfix or it
doesn't exist at all.

Patrick

--
[*] sys4 AG
https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: SPF

Scott Kitterman-4
On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 10:19:26 AM JosC wrote:
> Just upgraded to Postfix 3 - thanks for this release!
> With SPF validation I now get stuck on following in my main.cfg:
>
> Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto postfix/smtpd[50770]: warning: unknown smtpd
> restriction: "reject_spf_invalid_sender" Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto
> postfix/smtpd[50773]: warning: unknown smtpd restriction:
> "permit_spf_valid_sender"
>
> Can you tell me how to solve this?

It looks like you were using a postfix that had been patched internally to add
SPF checking with libspf2 [1].  You don't say where your postfix came from, but
I suspect the package provider dropped those patches since they were never, as
far as I know, ported to postfix 3 (and it's been recommended to do this kind
of check via a policy service since that interface was introduced in postfix
2.1).

You should discuss this with the distributor of your postfix package as it was
never part of the postfix.org code.

If you want to check SPF, use a policy service.  There are many available.
See the postfix section for extensions and patches for mail servers listed at
[2].

Scott K

[1] http://www.libspf2.org/patch/postfix-libspf2.README

[2] http://www.openspf.org/Implementations

Re: SPF

@lbutlr
On Mar 1, 2016, at 6:22 AM, Scott Kitterman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, March 01, 2016 10:19:26 AM JosC wrote:
>> Just upgraded to Postfix 3 - thanks for this release!
>> With SPF validation I now get stuck on following in my main.cfg:
>>
>> Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto postfix/smtpd[50770]: warning: unknown smtpd
>> restriction: "reject_spf_invalid_sender" Feb 29 10:14:33 ceto
>> postfix/smtpd[50773]: warning: unknown smtpd restriction:
>> "permit_spf_valid_sender"
>>
>> Can you tell me how to solve this?
>
> It looks like you were using a postfix that had been patched internally to add
> SPF checking with libspf2 [1].  You don't say where your postfix came from, but
> I suspect the package provider dropped those patches since they were never, as
> far as I know, ported to postfix 3 (and it's been recommended to do this kind
> of check via a policy service since that interface was introduced in postfix
> 2.1).

I had this problem with ports under FreeBSD 9.2, IIRC. I removed the lisp from make setup and had no further problems.

--
I AM ZOMBOR! (kelly) ZOMBOR!