STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Dirk Laurenz

Hello $list,

my server rejects an email from certiain domain:

<[hidden email]>: host

    server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 550 5.7.1

    <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected:

    Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

The sender has changed his mail from [hidden email] to [hidden email]

What’s going wrong here?

Regards and thanks for your help

Dirk

Re: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Wietse Venema
Dirk Laurenz:
> Hello $list,
>
> my server rejects an email from certiain domain:
>
> <[hidden email]>: host
>     server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> >:
> Recipient address rejected:
>     Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Your Postfix is rejecting mail because a REMOTE SMTP SERVER
[xx.xx.xx.xx] is rejecting the mail.

> The sender has changed his mail from [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>  to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Can you see that remote SMTP server is complaining about the OLD
form [hidden email] not the NEW form [hidden email].

AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Dirk Laurenz
Hello Wietse,

thanks. But the IP ist he IP oft that host server.sub.dom.local.

It's compaining about the new mailadress

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> my server rejects an email from certiain domain:
>
> <[hidden email]>: host
>     server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> >:
> Recipient address rejected:
>     Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO
> command)

Your Postfix is rejecting mail because a REMOTE SMTP SERVER [xx.xx.xx.xx] is
rejecting the mail.

> The sender has changed his mail from [hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>  to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>

Can you see that remote SMTP server is complaining about the OLD form
[hidden email] not the NEW form [hidden email].

Re: AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Wietse Venema
Dirk Laurenz:
> Hello $list,
>
> my server rejects an email from certiain domain:
>
> <[hidden email]>: host
>     server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx] said: 550 5.7.1
>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]> >:
> Recipient address rejected:
>     Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Wietse
> Your Postfix is rejecting mail because a REMOTE SMTP SERVER [xx.xx.xx.xx] is
> rejecting the mail.
>
> > The sender has changed his mail from [hidden email]
> > <mailto:[hidden email]>  to [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>
> Can you see that remote SMTP server is complaining about the OLD form
> [hidden email] not the NEW form [hidden email].

Dirk Laurenz:
> Hello Wietse,
>
> thanks. But the IP ist he IP oft that host server.sub.dom.local.
>
> It's compaining about the new mailadress

The remote server (server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx]) says:

    550 5.7.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected:
    Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

It is complaining about [hidden email]. Why is your
system sending [hidden email] to the remote server
(server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx]) if that is the wrong email
address?

Re: AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Tessa Plum
Hi Wietse,

As an incoming MTA, after Postfix receive messages, which part takes the
duty of saving messages to disk?

Is this possible that messages were stored into disk by encrypted?

Thank you.

Wietse Venema wrote:
> The remote server (server.sub.dom.local [xx.xx.xx.xx]) says:
>
>      550 5.7.1<[hidden email]>: Recipient address rejected:
>      Recipient domain dom.local is not used. (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Re: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Ansgar Wiechers
On 2020-04-03 Tessa Plum wrote:
> As an incoming MTA, after Postfix receive messages, which part takes the
> duty of saving messages to disk?

The cleanup daemon is writing messages to the incoming queue (i.e. to
disk).

http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html

> Is this possible that messages were stored into disk by encrypted?

AFAIK individual queued messages can't be encrypted, but you can
certainly encrypt the volume where the queue is located.

Regards
Ansgar Wiechers
--Joel Spolsky

AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Dirk Laurenz

Hello $list,

What does „Recipient domain  xxx.xxx is not used“ mean?

As the fqdn oft he server is server.sub.dom.local and the user ist now [hidden email] and internally [hidden email] could this be a access restriction?

Re: AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Wietse Venema
Dirk Laurenz:
> Hello $list,
>

> What does "Recipient domain  xxx.xxx is not used" mean?

The message comes from a remote server.

Ask the people who run the server what that message means.

AW: AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Dirk Laurenz
I run the server which is throwing this error...

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
> What does "Recipient domain  xxx.xxx is not used" mean?

The message comes from a remote server.

Ask the people who run the server what that message means.

Re: AW: AW: STMP is rejecting and i'm not sure why

Wietse Venema
Dirk Laurenz:
> What does "Recipient domain  xxx.xxx is not used" mean?

Wietse:

host server.sub.dom.local [remote.ip.addr.ess] said:
    550 5.7.1 <[hidden email]>: Recipient address
        rejected: Recipient domain dom.local is not used

Are you running the server (server.sub.dom.local [remote.ip.addr.ess])?

1) Should the destination server (server.sub.dom.local
[remote.ip.addr.ess]) have accepted that recipient address? If that
is true, then the server is misconfigured.

2) Should the user have sent email to a different recipient address?
If that is true, then the user needs to update their address book.

3) Should the sending Postfix system have transformed the user's
recipient address from [hidden email] into something
else before sending it to the destination server (server.sub.dom.local
[remote.ip.addr.ess])? If that is true, then the sending Postfix
system is misconfigured.

There is no such error message in Postfix source code, and I can't
get Google to return any meaningful information for this error message.

That usually means that no-one else is having this specific problem,
and that YOU created the problem with some bad configuration. For help,
please see the mailing list welcome message below.

Thank you for using Postfix.