Selective bounce notice

Howard Miller
Hi,

I am aware of the bounce_notice_recipient option but I only want it to
function for a certain domain. Or, even better, mail that originated
from a particular server.

To explain, we have a number of customers with dedicated servers and all
is channelled through the same Postfix instance. One wants a copy of all
their bounces. The only thing I have to go on is that the mail
originated on their server.

Can anybody think of a way to do this (or something like it)?

Cheers

Re: Selective bounce notice

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:

> Hi,
>
> I am aware of the bounce_notice_recipient option but I only want it to
> function for a certain domain. Or, even better, mail that originated
> from a particular server.
>
> To explain, we have a number of customers with dedicated servers and all
> is channelled through the same Postfix instance. One wants a copy of all
> their bounces. The only thing I have to go on is that the mail
> originated on their server.
>
> Can anybody think of a way to do this (or something like it)?

That would require a dedicated Postfix instance (one per domain
that requires a custom bounce_whatever setting.

The bounce daemon is part of the Postfix inner core; every Postfix
daemon except master talks to it, so it makes no sense to specify
"-o bounce_service=whatever" parameter settings in master.cf.

Re: Selective bounce notice

Howard Miller
On 2018-10-24 12:47, Wietse Venema wrote:

> [hidden email]:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am aware of the bounce_notice_recipient option but I only want it to
>> function for a certain domain. Or, even better, mail that originated
>> from a particular server.
>>
>> To explain, we have a number of customers with dedicated servers and
>> all
>> is channelled through the same Postfix instance. One wants a copy of
>> all
>> their bounces. The only thing I have to go on is that the mail
>> originated on their server.
>>
>> Can anybody think of a way to do this (or something like it)?
>
> That would require a dedicated Postfix instance (one per domain
> that requires a custom bounce_whatever setting.
>
> The bounce daemon is part of the Postfix inner core; every Postfix
> daemon except master talks to it, so it makes no sense to specify
> "-o bounce_service=whatever" parameter settings in master.cf.
>
> Wietse

That's rather what I suspected.

Thanks for the clarification.