Quantcast

Sender Bcc Maps

ranjith kumar-7
Hi,

I want to forward outgoing mails of particular user to another
account. I searched on the internet and found that it is possible
using  sender_bcc_maps command.

What is the procedure to use this command.

Thanks
Ranjith

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

Barney Desmond
Ranjith Kumar wrote:
> I want to forward outgoing mails of particular user to another
> account. I searched on the internet and found that it is possible
> using  sender_bcc_maps command.
>
> What is the procedure to use this command.

The documentation indicates it functions much like any other table-based
lookup.
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps

`postconf -m` will show you what table types you can use, hash is
probably the most common. Create the table, run postmap to generate the
table file, add the configuration to main.cf, reload postfix.

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

ranjith kumar-7
Hi,

I have enabled sender_bcc_maps on my postfix mta using the
documentation available on postfix site. The mails are being forwarded
successfully, but I am receiving 2 copies of the mail.

What could be the problem?

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Barney Desmond <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Ranjith Kumar wrote:
>> I want to forward outgoing mails of particular user to another
>> account. I searched on the internet and found that it is possible
>> using  sender_bcc_maps command.
>>
>> What is the procedure to use this command.
>
> The documentation indicates it functions much like any other table-based
> lookup.
> http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#sender_bcc_maps
>
> `postconf -m` will show you what table types you can use, hash is
> probably the most common. Create the table, run postmap to generate the
> table file, add the configuration to main.cf, reload postfix.

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

Ralf Hildebrandt
* Ranjith Kumar <[hidden email]>:

> I have enabled sender_bcc_maps on my postfix mta using the
> documentation available on postfix site. The mails are being forwarded
> successfully, but I am receiving 2 copies of the mail.
>
> What could be the problem?

You didn't read the installation instructions for amavisd-new
carefully enough.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([hidden email])          [hidden email]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
http://www.arschkrebs.de                              I'm looking for a job
Nichts kann ohne Einsamkeit entstehen.

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

ranjith kumar-7
Hi,

I am not using amavisd-new. I am using spamassassin as the content filter.

* Ranjith Kumar <[hidden email]>:
> Hi,
>
> I am not using amavisd-new. I am using spamassassin as the content filter.

Please show master.cf then.
--
Ralf Hildebrandt ([hidden email])          [hidden email]
Postfix - Einrichtung, Betrieb und Wartung       Tel. +49 (0)30-450 570-155
http://www.arschkrebs.de                              I'm looking for a job
Windows has detected that a gnat has farted near your computer. Press
any key to reboot.

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

Nikita Kipriyanov
Ranjith Kumar пишет:
> Hi,
>
> I have enabled sender_bcc_maps on my postfix mta using the
> documentation available on postfix site. The mails are being forwarded
> successfully, but I am receiving 2 copies of the mail.
>
> What could be the problem?

Please, show main.cf and master.cf, specifically
recieve_override_options and content_filter

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

Gursharan.Singh

ranjith kumar-7 wrote
Hi,

I want to forward outgoing mails of particular user to another
account. I searched on the internet and found that it is possible
using  sender_bcc_maps command.

What is the procedure to use this command.

Thanks
Ranjith
hey I think you should tried this one.. I did and It worked......

Insert a content in main.cf

sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc

Now make a file in /etc/postfix with the name of sender_bcc

Insert the entry in sender_bcc like this:

test1@example1.com test2@example2.com

now send a mail from test1@example1.com's to anyone and you'll receive a blind carbon copy to test2@example2.com

Thanks
Gursharan Vicky
vickyfdk@gmail.com

Re: Sender Bcc Maps

Gursharan.Singh

ranjith kumar-7 wrote
Hi,

I want to forward outgoing mails of particular user to another
account. I searched on the internet and found that it is possible
using  sender_bcc_maps command.

What is the procedure to use this command.

Thanks
Ranjith

HOW TO FORWARD THE EMAIL FROM ONE USER TO ANOTHER

hey I think you should tried this one.. I did and It worked......

Insert a content in main.cf

sender_bcc_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_bcc

Now make a file in /etc/postfix with the name of sender_bcc

Insert the entry in sender_bcc like this:

test1@example1.com test2@example2.com

now send a mail from test1@example1.com's to anyone and you'll receive a blind carbon copy to test2@example2.com

*Note:   dont forget the run the postmap /etc/postfix/sender_bcc command after that.

reload the postfix with :    service postfix reload
restart the postfix with :   service postfix restart

and enjoy the email forwarding..........

Thanks
Gursharan Vicky
vickyfdk@gmail.com