Setting To: from Bcc:

Ralph Kutschera
Hallo!

   I've read documentation and mailing list archive for some time now
but didn't find an answer to my problem.

   I'm using postfix for managing a small list. Let's say
[hidden email] that 'forwards' mail to 10 real user mailboxes.

   Some of the users prefer sending mail to the list referring it in the
Bcc-Header. So the mail comes with "To: undisclosed_recipients;" which
is set by the MUA, not by postfix!

   I'm not interested in who else gets the mail but I would like postfix
to set "To: [hidden email]" if a user sends mail to the list via Bcc.
That is needed in order to filter mail later on.

   Can anybody please help me to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
   Ralph

Re: Setting To: from Bcc:

mouss-2
Ralph Kutschera wrote:

> Hallo!
>
>   I've read documentation and mailing list archive for some time now
> but didn't find an answer to my problem.
>
>   I'm using postfix for managing a small list. Let's say
> [hidden email] that 'forwards' mail to 10 real user mailboxes.
>
>   Some of the users prefer sending mail to the list referring it in
> the Bcc-Header. So the mail comes with "To: undisclosed_recipients;"
> which is set by the MUA, not by postfix!
>
>   I'm not interested in who else gets the mail but I would like
> postfix to set "To: [hidden email]" if a user sends mail to the
> list via Bcc. That is needed in order to filter mail later on.

use a mailing-list manager (mailman, sympa, ...). alternatively, deliver
to an external MDA (maildrop or procmail) and let it do what you want
(with formail or reformail). or deliver to a script that does the rewrite.

>   Can anybody please help me to resolve this issue?

doing this with postfix alone requires a cumbersome setup (it requires
running specific listeners or instances... way too convoluted except for
demonstration purposes!).