Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

z3us
Hi guys,

I'm using Postfix 3.0.4-1 with Postfix Admin GUI (with MySQL backend).
My mailserver is a spamfiltering server for multiple domains.
I would like to configure an extra transport mapping so when mail to example.com can't be delivered to mail01.example.com it should be sent to mail02.example.com
Is this possible and how?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

Wietse Venema
z3us:

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay

Re: Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

z3us
Thanks Wietse,

Will look into this.
Hoop it suits my needs.

z3us:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm using Postfix 3.0.4-1 with Postfix Admin GUI (with MySQL backend).
> My mailserver is a spamfiltering server for multiple domains.
> I would like to configure an extra transport mapping so when mail to
> example.com can't be delivered to mail01.example.com it should be sent to
> mail02.example.com
> Is this possible and how?

http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay

        Wietse

To unsubscribe from Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver, click here.
NAML

Re: Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

PeterDaem

>http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay
>
 >   Wietse

Wietse,

is there any chance to suggest a future feature to have this done via the transport file?

----
PedroD

Re: Setting up multiple transport mappings for fallback relay mailserver

/dev/rob0
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 04:30:38PM +0000, Pedro David Marco wrote:
> >   Wietse
> >http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtp_fallback_relay
> >
> is there any chance to suggest a future feature to have this done
> via the transport file?

The transport_maps lookup is not necessarily a "file", FWIW.  It
could be any supported maptype.

Anyway, the requested functionality already exists through the
creative use of MX records.  The lack of "[]" brackets around a
hostname tells Postfix to look up MX records for the name.  For
example:

[ transport mapping ]

example.org smtp:relays.example.net

[ DNS records ]

relays.example.net. MX 1  1.relays.example.net.
relays.example.net. MX 2  2.relays.example.net.
1.relays.example.net. A 192.0.2.25
2.relays.example.net. A 192.0.2.26

The DNS names used do not have to be globally available; they could
be in a private zone only queried by the Postfix server.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/