Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Rodrigo Cunha
Dear, i have a problem in config vhost squirremail.
I'm following the steps in the tutorial [http://www.100security.com.br/postfix-squirrelmail-outlook/] . The autor indicate setup this changes in apache2.conf:

Alias /webmail “/usr/share/squirrelmail/”
DirectoryIndex index.php

but i want create vhost for my domain "mail.mydomain.com" and not create
redirect IP/webmail.I want config this mail with my other localwebsites like:
/etc/apache2/site-available/mail.mydomain.conf  and setup this file with
a2ensite mail.mydomain.conf, etc.

What is steps for configure my squirremail with vhost and not ip/webmail.
Tks.

--
Atenciosamente,
Rodrigo da Silva Cunha

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.

Re: Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Rodrigo Cunha
Robert,
i have a apache server with many virtual hosts and my default is www.rodrigo.intranet; in my host i have many other domains like: www.domain.intranet; www.wiki.intranet, www.forum.intranet.
I installing postfix in this server and i not want access squirremail in IP-server/mail i want access my webmail in host www.mail.intranet, i set my dns for request the domain in my localip(10.0.0.10/24), but the squirremail is not work when i access: www.mail.intranet he set timeout.
My postfix work fine, i access(client), send and received mail, but i dont access my
squirremail  accross virtual host.

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.

[...]

São Gonçalo, RJ - Brasil

Re: Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Richard-2

> Date: Thursday, January 18, 2018 23:14:39 -0200
> From: Rodrigo Cunha <[hidden email]>
>
> Robert,
> i have a apache server with many virtual hosts and my default is
> www.rodrigo.intranet; in my host i have many other domains like:
> www.domain.intranet; www.wiki.intranet, www.forum.intranet.
> I installing postfix in this server and i not want access
> squirremail in IP-server/mail i want access my webmail in host
> www.mail.intranet, i set my dns for request the domain in my
> localip(10.0.0.10/24), but the squirremail is not work when i
> access: www.mail.intranet he set timeout. My postfix work fine, i
> access(client), send and received mail, but i dont access my
> squirremail  accross virtual host.

I don't see the postfix-relevant issue here. You asked an almost
identical version of your initial message in this thread on the
apache/httpd list earlier this morning. You might want to try
following up on the responses you got there, and/or asking on a
squirremail-specific list.

Re: Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Jonathan Sélea

I recommend you post this in the "Apache users" list instead.

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment

Re: Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Rodrigo Cunha
Report Feedback for solution this problem: postfix with suport squirrelmail in apache2.
Considerations: My LAMP(in DEBIAN 7) IP:192.168.2.50
configuration in my bind(DNS Autorytative):
step 1: setup my mail in DNS:
vim db.oduvaldocozzi.intranet
mail IN A 192.168.2.50
oduvaldocozzi.intranet. IN      MX      10      mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet.
step 2: Setup a Vhost with SSL access:
mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet.conf
sslmail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet.conf

content: mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet.conf
<VirtualHost  *:80>
ServerName mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet
ServerAdmin [hidden email]
</VirtualHost>

content:  sslmail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet.conf
<VirtualHost  *:443>
ServerName mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet
DocumentRoot /usr/share/squirrelmail/
DirectoryIndex index.php
ServerAlias mail.oduvaldocozzi.intranet
Alias /squirrelmail  /usr/share/squirrelmail

SSLEngine On
SSLCertificateFile /etc/ssl/certs/mailssl.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/ssl/private/mailssl.key
<Location />
SSLRequireSSL On
SSLVerifyClient optional
SSLVerifyDepth 1
SSLOptions +StdEnvVars +StrictRequire
</Location>
</VirtualHost>

OFF: Modules Apache2 Loaded:
Loaded Modules:
 core_module (static)
 so_module (static)
 watchdog_module (static)
 http_module (static)
 log_config_module (static)
 logio_module (static)
 version_module (static)
 unixd_module (static)
 access_compat_module (shared)
 alias_module (shared)
 auth_basic_module (shared)
 authn_core_module (shared)
 authn_file_module (shared)
 authz_core_module (shared)
 authz_host_module (shared)
 authz_user_module (shared)
 autoindex_module (shared)
 deflate_module (shared)
 dir_module (shared)
 env_module (shared)
 filter_module (shared)
 mime_module (shared)
 mpm_prefork_module (shared)
 negotiation_module (shared)
 php5_module (shared)
 reqtimeout_module (shared)
 rewrite_module (shared)
 setenvif_module (shared)
 socache_shmcb_module (shared)
 ssl_module (shared)
 status_module (shared)

My enviroment work fine, send and received mail in my local network.
Thank you all.

If postfix users, get squirremail for implement webaccess in your enviroment, this teme is intersection between postfix and apache(httpd).
It's not a category error, if it's common areas.

Livre de vírus. www.avast.com.

I recommend you post this in the "Apache users" list instead.

São Gonçalo, RJ - Brasil

Re: Setup SquirreMail with Virtual Host

Bill Cole-3
On 19 Jan 2018, at 10:20 (-0500), Rodrigo Cunha wrote:

[SNIP:  NOTHING regarding Postfix!]

What you posted is all Apache HTTPD configuration. Your problems appear
to be with SquirrelMail, a webmail application that interacts with  a
web server (i.e Apache HTTPD) an IMAP server (maybe Dovecot?) and a
local submission mechanism (sendmail? Submission to port 587 or SMTP to
port 25?) that MAY use Postfix.

Find the right place to get help. This is not it.

--
Bill Cole
[hidden email] or [hidden email]
Currently Seeking Steady Work: https://linkedin.com/in/billcole