Signing-milter - What are exactly causing these "tampered" errors?

Signing-milter - What are exactly causing these "tampered" errors?

Sebastian Nielsen
What exactly is wrong with my MIME?

Wietse and A Schulze says my MIME mail is not properly formatted, but in which way?

I did this now (look in mimeparser.pl), this milter is placed before signing-milter.
What it does, is take the whole mail and put into a loose MIME Parser, and then reencodes the mail according to strict
standards.
But something is still wrong.

(mimeparser also contains a hashcash calculator, but that shouldnt affect signing because topmost container headers aren’t signed in S/MIME)

I cannot exactly pinpoint which type of “broken” MIME Windows Live Mail produces, so I need some advice here. Also I can’t fix it at the source, since I cannot change how Windows Live Mail encodes mails.

Best regards, Sebastian Nielsen

tsting

smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment
mimeparser.pl (8K) Download Attachment
smime.p7s (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Signing-milter - What are exactly causing these "tampered" errors?

Wietse Venema
Sebastian Nielsen:
> What exactly is wrong with my MIME?
>
> Wietse and A Schulze says my MIME mail is not properly formatted, but in which way?
>
> I did this now (look in mimeparser.pl), this milter is placed before signing-milter.
> What it does, is take the whole mail and put into a loose MIME Parser, and then reencodes the mail according to strict
> standards.
> But something is still wrong.

Save a copy of the message before it is "fixed", after it is fixed,
after it is signed, and after it is delivered elsewhere, then look
at the differences.

        Wietse