Skip AV scan for outbound email

Jon LaBadie
I collect spam emails and submit them in batches to
a group that works to reduce spam.  I'm running the
combination of postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, and
spamassassin.  Some of the batches of spam contain
viruses and when amavisd scans them my submission
is blocked and quarantined.  Is there a way to do
any of the following?

 a) eliminate the amavisd or clamav scan for mail
    addressed to a specific recipient or from a
    specific sender

 b) eliminate the clamav scan for all outbound
    traffic

 c) eliminate the amavisd scan for all outbound
    traffic but keeping it active for inbound
    messages

Thanks,
Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                 [hidden email]
 11226 South Shore Rd.          (703) 787-0688 (H)
 Reston, VA  20190              (703) 935-6720 (C)

Re: Skip AV scan for outbound email

Noel Jones-2
On 10/3/2017 2:12 PM, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> I collect spam emails and submit them in batches to
> a group that works to reduce spam.  I'm running the
> combination of postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, and
> spamassassin.  Some of the batches of spam contain
> viruses and when amavisd scans them my submission
> is blocked and quarantined.  Is there a way to do
> any of the following?
>
>  a) eliminate the amavisd or clamav scan for mail
>     addressed to a specific recipient or from a
>     specific sender
>
>  b) eliminate the clamav scan for all outbound
>     traffic
>
>  c) eliminate the amavisd scan for all outbound
>     traffic but keeping it active for inbound
>     messages
>
> Thanks,
> Jon

If your batch is already on the server, the simplest way is to
submit your spam/virus batch to the postfix reinjection port,
bypassing amavisd completely.  Use a command line SMTP tool such as
mini_sendmail to send the mail to -p 10025 or whatever port you use.

If you need to submit these over the network to postfix, set up a
separate postfix listener in master.cf with no filtering.  Require
authentication and/or restrict the port to specific clients.

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 03:21:13PM -0500, Noel Jones wrote:

> On 10/3/2017 2:12 PM, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> > I collect spam emails and submit them in batches to
> > a group that works to reduce spam.  I'm running the
> > combination of postfix, amavisd-new, clamav, and
> > spamassassin.  Some of the batches of spam contain
> > viruses and when amavisd scans them my submission
> > is blocked and quarantined.  Is there a way to do
> > any of the following?
> >
> >  a) eliminate the amavisd or clamav scan for mail
> >     addressed to a specific recipient or from a
> >     specific sender
> >
> >  b) eliminate the clamav scan for all outbound
> >     traffic
> >
> >  c) eliminate the amavisd scan for all outbound
> >     traffic but keeping it active for inbound
> >     messages
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jon
> >

> If your batch is already on the server, the simplest way is to
> submit your spam/virus batch to the postfix reinjection port,
> bypassing amavisd completely.  Use a command line SMTP tool such as
> mini_sendmail to send the mail to -p 10025 or whatever port you use.

Thank you Noel, nice approach.  I am already using mutt in a script
to send the batches as attachments.  It uses a customized muttrc
file and all I had to do was add

  set smtp_url=smtp://127.0.0.1:10025

Jon