Some questions on submission and smtps.

Rafał Radecki
Hi all. I have some general questions about sumission and smtps:
- does settings from /etc/postfix/main.cf of type '*tls*' apply to smtps(tcp/465) also?
- to use SASL for smtpd and submission and smtps the same way do I have to make separate files like  /usr/lib/sasl2/{smtpd,submission,smtps}.conf files?

Thank You very much for Your help.

With regards,
R.

Re: Some questions on submission and smtps.

Wietse Venema
Rafa? Radecki:
> Hi all. I have some general questions about sumission and smtps:
> - does settings from /etc/postfix/main.cf of type '*tls*' apply to
> smtps(tcp/465) also?

The same main.cf settings apply to all smtp servers, but the "-o
name=value" setting in master.cf override the main.cf settings.

> - to use SASL for smtpd and submission and smtps the same way do I have to
> make separate files like  /usr/lib/sasl2/{smtpd,submission,smtps}.conf
> files?

Only if you override smtpd_sasl_path settings in master.cf.

> Thank You very much for Your help.

See also:
http://www.postfix.org/master.5.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html

Rafał Radecki wrote:
> Hi all. I have some general questions about sumission and smtps:
> - does settings from /etc/postfix/main.cf <http://main.cf> of type
> '*tls*' apply to smtps(tcp/465) also?

All settings in main.cf apply to all services in master.cf.
Any '-o ...' settings in master.cf act as overrides to main.cf
settings.

> - to use SASL for smtpd and submission and smtps the same way do I have
> to make separate files like
> /usr/lib/sasl2/{smtpd,submission,smtps}.conf files?

Generally no.  Only if you need different settings for those
services, which is seldom required.

> Thank You very much for Your help.
>
> With regards,
> R.