Specify good mail sender

forums

Hi,

I can't specifie the good mail sender with postfix.

I explain:

I have a server mail cluster with 2 nodes (but only one works, the second is going to be made).

Node names is "node1" and "node2", cluster name is "node". On node1, the server name is "node1" and the mail server name (for postfix) is "node". The servers are on a personnal domain (my_domain.fr).

On all of my servers (mail servers and others), the postfix configuration is:

mydomain = my_domain.fr

myhostname = server_name.$mydomain

(with "node" for relay to others servers and mail server configuration for "node1")

When I send a mail from a local server (linux) with a linux user, I receive the mail with "from user@...". So, that's OK.

But when I send a mail from the mail server with a linux user, I receive the mail with "from user@node1" instead of "from user@...".

I don't understand where is the bad configuration.

--

##########

Philippe - Forums

Re: Specify good mail sender

/dev/rob0
On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 06:48:55PM +0200, [hidden email] wrote:
> I can't specifie the good mail sender with postfix.

What you describe most likely is not a Postfix problem.

> I explain:
>
> I have a server mail cluster with 2 nodes (but only one works, the
> second is going to be made).
>
> Node names is "node1" and "node2", cluster name is "node". On
> node1, the server name is "node1" and the mail server name (for
> postfix) is "node". The servers are on a personnal domain
> (my_domain.fr).
>
> On all of my servers (mail servers and others), the postfix
> configuration is:

> mydomain = my_domain.fr
>
> myhostname = server_name.$mydomain

Neither of which is directly relevant.  See:

http://www.postfix.org/BASIC_CONFIGURATION_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#myorigin

> (with "node" for relay to others servers and mail server
> configuration for "node1")
>
> When I send a mail from a local server (linux) with a linux user,
> I receive the mail with "from [hidden email]" [1]. So,
> that's OK.
>
> But when I send a mail from the mail server with a linux user,

How did you send the mail?  Typically the MUA would set a sender
address.  Is the sender set in the MUA?  We might have been able to
tell, if you had shown us LOGS.

> I receive the mail with "from user@node1" [1] instead of "from
> [hidden email]" [1].

Your link was not a real link.

> I don't understand where is the bad configuration.

Right, and we could possibly tell you, as above.  But most likely
your OS has preconfigured your mail(1) command to set a sender
domain name.

  http://rob0.nodns4.us/

Re: Specify good mail sender

forums

I'm french, sorry for my english.

I didn't understand anything.

Or certainly that my explanation was not very clear.

I retry to explain...

(The link was a bad link inserted by default into my sent e-mail)

When I send a mail from SERVER1 with the user USER to my personnel mail, I receive the mail "FROM USER@MYDOMAIN[hidden email].

But when I send a mail from MAILSERVER1 with the user USER to my personnel mail, I receive the mail "FROM USER@MAILSERVER1[hidden email].

The postfix configuration for SERVER1 is a "basic" configuration (just to send mail).

mydomain = MYDOMAIN
myhostname = SERVER1.$mydomain
mynetworks_style = host
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8
relayhost = xx.xx.xx.xx (MAILSERVER1 IP)

The postfix configuration for MAILSERVER1 is a "SMTP" configuration (used with dovecot).

mydomain = MYDOMAIN
myhostname = MAILSERVER1.$mydomain
myorigin = MYDOMAIN
mydestination = $myhostname
relayhost = [IS SMTP]:25
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 192.168.1.0/24
mailbox_size_limit = 20480000
recipient_delimiter = +
inet_interfaces = all
inet_protocols = ipv4
mynetworks_style = subnet

I hope that my explanation is clearer you.

---

##########

Philippe - Forums

[1]
https://mehlsrvmail:40030/?_task=mail&_caps=pdf%3D0%2Cflash%3D1%2Ctiff%3D0%2Cwebp%3D0&_uid=59&_mbox=Sent&_framed=1&_action=preview#NOP

Re: Specify good mail sender

forums

Sorry, I made a mistake...

When I send a mail from SERVER1 with the user USER to my personnel mail, I receive the mail "FROM [hidden email]".

And not "FROM USER@MYDOMAIN".

---

Philippe - Forums