Still getting strange 550 error..

John Dale
I get this for several accounts/servers (note I've masked the host and ip):

host host.com[ip.ip.ip.ip] said: 550
     Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1) (in reply to MAIL
     FROM command)

Help?

Re: Still getting strange 550 error..

Matus UHLAR - fantomas
On 20.09.19 05:27, John Dale wrote:
>I get this for several accounts/servers (note I've masked the host and ip):
>
>host host.com[ip.ip.ip.ip] said: 550
>    Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1) (in reply to MAIL
>    FROM command)
>
>Help?

the remote server rejected your connection/mail with message
"Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)"

I recommend you reading RFC2821, section 4.1.1.1
and comparing your hostname, if it matches requirements.

Maybe providing your HELO name would help:

postconf smtp_helo_name
postcong -x smtp_helo_name

Linux - It's now safe to turn on your computer.
Linux - Teraz mozete pocitac bez obav zapnut.