Stray domain setting ... somewhere ... ?

Stray domain setting ... somewhere ... ?

John M. Dlugosz-4
I'm having a strange problem with configuration.

I originally set up this machine on my LAN using a scratch name
LAMP3.oblique.ath.cx, and when I sent the image to the data center I
changed it to LAMP4 and the scratch domain they allowed me,
lavapath.net, which I'm still using during this shake-down.  Later I
will rename it to my actual domain name and discontinue my old service.

However, I've seen two places where "oblique.ath.cx" pops up, and it is
not in main.cf anywhere.  First was the MAILER-DEAMON@ address in a
bounce.  Where is it getting the old name from?

More seriously, mail sent to [hidden email] was forwarded to
[hidden email].  Where is it keeping this information?

--John

Re: Stray domain setting ... somewhere ... ?

mouss-2
John M. Dlugosz wrote:

> I'm having a strange problem with configuration.
>
> I originally set up this machine on my LAN using a scratch name
> LAMP3.oblique.ath.cx, and when I sent the image to the data center I
> changed it to LAMP4 and the scratch domain they allowed me,
> lavapath.net, which I'm still using during this shake-down.  Later I
> will rename it to my actual domain name and discontinue my old service.
>
> However, I've seen two places where "oblique.ath.cx" pops up, and it is
> not in main.cf anywhere.  First was the MAILER-DEAMON@ address in a
> bounce.  Where is it getting the old name from?
>
> More seriously, mail sent to [hidden email] was forwarded to
> [hidden email].  Where is it keeping this information?

not in from the ether. please show output of
# hostname
# postconf -n

as well as logs for a transaction that goes to the old domain. and make
sure Sendmail is not involved (if you don't know how to disable it,
uninstall it).