TCP_TABLE Request Format

david
Hi all,

Could someone clarify the following passage from the TCP_TABLE manual:

REQUEST FORMAT
Each request specifies a command, a lookup key, and possibly  a  lookup
result.

get SPACE key NEWLINE
Look up data under the specified key.

put SPACE key SPACE value NEWLINE
This request is currently not implemented.

What does the "... and possibly a lookup result." part mean? Does this
mean that, possibly, a request could look like this?:

get SPACE key SPACE lookup_result NEWLINE

Kind regards,
David

Re: TCP_TABLE Request Format

Wietse Venema
[hidden email]:

> Hi all,
>
> Could someone clarify the following passage from the TCP_TABLE manual:
>
> REQUEST FORMAT
> Each request specifies a command, a lookup key, and possibly  a  lookup
> result.
>
> get SPACE key NEWLINE
> Look up data under the specified key.
>
> put SPACE key SPACE value NEWLINE
> This request is currently not implemented.
>
> What does the "... and possibly a lookup result." part mean? Does this
> mean that, possibly, a request could look like this?:
>
> get SPACE key SPACE lookup_result NEWLINE

It means that

EVERY COMMAND specifies a command, a lookup key.

SOME COMMANDS ALSO specify a lookup result.

Re: TCP_TABLE Request Format

> On Jan 26, 2018, at 4:23 AM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Could someone clarify the following passage from the TCP_TABLE manual:

While not an answer to the question you were asking, something to
keep in mind is that you could also use socketmap rather than tcp
tables:

   http://www.postfix.org/socketmap_table.5.html

   HISTORY
       Socketmap support was introduced with Postfix version 2.10.

whichever better fits your needs.

Re: TCP_TABLE Request Format

david
On 26 Jan 2018, 12:46 +0100, Wietse Venema <[hidden email]>, wrote:

It means that

EVERY COMMAND specifies a command, a lookup key.

SOME COMMANDS ALSO specify a lookup result.

Wietse

Clarified.

Thanks!

Kind regards,