Temporary lookup failure

Hungry Snail
Hi guys,

I have just started recieving emails from postfix telling me that there is a Temporary lookup failure.

*****
Subject:   Postfix SMTP server: errors from adsl190-28-1-167.epm.net.co[190.28.1.167]
Out: 220 mailserver.mydomain.tld ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
In:  HELO equipo34
Out: 250 mailserver.mydomain.tld
In:  MAIL FROM:<DudleywhamLeblanc@ahadonline.org>
Out: 250 2.1.0 Ok
In:  RCPT TO:<help@mydomain.tld>
Out: 451 4.3.0 <help@mydomain.tld>: Temporary lookup failure

Session aborted, reason: lost connection
*****

It only seems to be doing this for email accounts that do not exist (example: help@mydomain.tld does not exist).

Never had this before, and it suddenly started happening 8 hours ago.

any ideas? it doesnt seem to be happening to legit email accounts hosted on the server.

Cheers

Re: Temporary lookup failure

Wietse Venema
Hungry Snail:

> Hi guys,
>
> I have just started recieving emails from postfix telling me that there is a
> Temporary lookup failure.
>

> *****
> Subject:   Postfix SMTP server: errors from
> adsl190-28-1-167.epm.net.co[190.28.1.167]
> Out: 220 mailserver.mydomain.tld ESMTP Postfix (Debian/GNU)
> In:  HELO equipo34
> Out: 250 mailserver.mydomain.tld
> In:  MAIL FROM:<[hidden email]>
> Out: 250 2.1.0 Ok
> In:  RCPT TO:<[hidden email]>
> Out: 451 4.3.0 <[hidden email]>: Temporary lookup failure
>
> Session aborted, reason: lost connection
> *****

Look in the MAILLOG file. Postfix does not disclose configuration
problems to random network clients. It logs them instead.